Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking to Sloride I decided to upgrade the tweeters on the bike to the Legatia Stage V and keep the Clarus mid-bass.
Man these things sound awesome and I am sure after riding some with them I will have to re-tune my equalizer. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the finished product.

Big shout out to Sloride and No Cage Audio.... Thanks Karl.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Looks great and I'm sure they sound awesome!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Great Job Brewiz,

Thanks again for sharing your concepts and ideas.

When I sat down with Scott with Hybrid Audio Technologies to come up with No Cage's "Pro" Motorcycle offering, I took pictures of your original Tweeter placement and install and told Scott I really like the way this looks and asked him what do you have that we can mount like this, that will be an upgrade over the other Pro offerings.

I love these HAT Legatia tweeters and I am running them in my setup also. they'r not as shrill (bright) as some others. Stevie Ray and Buddy Guy have never sounded better.

once again thanks Brewiz

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Job Brewiz,

I love these HAT Legatia tweeters and I am running them in my setup also. they'r not as shrill (bright) as some others. Stevie Ray and Buddy Guy have never sounded better.

once again thanks Brewiz
You are right I rode 300 miles today and those things are Awesome, Not only with SRV but put some Joe Bonamassa in the mix and WOW......

·
Registered
852 Posts
You are right I rode 300 miles today and those things are Awesome, Not only with SRV but put some Joe Bonamassa in the mix and WOW......
I just listened to a couple of his songs on Utube and bought 2 CD's thanks for the turn-on. That boy can get-it on

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Brewiz, do you have any issues with the alpine and water or do you use a splash cover, never ride in the rain? I've been through two different Sony marine but I'm not impressed with either. Have always preferred Alpine but I live up here in the Rain City and I wonder how much moisture it could handle.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brewiz, do you have any issues with the alpine and water or do you use a splash cover, never ride in the rain? I've been through two different Sony marine but I'm not impressed with either. Have always preferred Alpine but I live up here in the Rain City and I wonder how much moisture it could handle.
I have the V-Twin Audio splash cover and have been in lots of rain and a few times with out it with no issues. It's been on my bike for about 4 years now.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I have the V-Twin Audio splash cover and have been in lots of rain and a few times with out it with no issues. It's been on my bike for about 4 years now.
Thank you sir. I think I'll go for it. Sony is a pain in the crotch to use in my opinion. With the Marine certification it seems you can only find low quality units. At least with Sony anyway. I don't believe Alpine even bothers with it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you sir. I think I'll go for it. Sony is a pain in the crotch to use in my opinion. With the Marine certification it seems you can only find low quality units. At least with Sony anyway. I don't believe Alpine even bothers with it.
You will be very happy with the Alpine, great unit and lots of tuning capabilities with the Tune-It app.

Good Luck
Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts