Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I've purchased two from them with no issues but with that said...the Roadies are quite popular these days
I see a price increase in the near future of LRS. From what Im seeing they cant keep up with production and shipping. They are starting to get too big for their britches and cant keep up. THATS A GOOD THING IN BUSINESS!!! I see a price increase real soon... My highly educated prediction is: If your wanting to go up or down on your windshield size. Then order now because they are going to go up on price soon...

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have 3 LRS shields-tinted 12"-clear 14 " never use either-- a 14 dark tint,can just see over the top-works great--also a madstat for the long rides

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I have 3 LRS shields-tinted 12"-clear 14 " never use either-- a 14 dark tint,can just see over the top-works great--also a madstat for the long rides
When I go to hell my sentence will be to have to look at a madstad windshield on a roadglide 24/7. god damn those things are ugly

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see a price increase in the near future of LRS. From what Im seeing they cant keep up with production and shipping. They are starting to get too big for their britches and cant keep up. THATS A GOOD THING IN BUSINESS!!! I see a price increase real soon... My highly educated prediction is: If your wanting to go up or down on your windshield size. Then order now because they are going to go up on price soon...
I am thinking the same as you...Higher demand equals opportunity to push up price a bit....Which I have no issue with at all...It's business. Even with the occasional wait, they are a great price and I have had zero issues with mine... Another one on the way and currently caught up in the last sale backlog....I called LRS and they stated straight up that they sold more in the last sale than they anticipated, hence the longer wait.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ordered my first one from them on this past Memorial Day sale. Lead time if memory serves me was 7-9 days, acceptable. Looked at their site yesterday and seen it had jumped to 15-18 days. Left an email to have them contact me so see if my order would be that far out as it very well may be, bummer.

Are they that great of a product that it will be worth the wait, while having a couple of long rides planned in that time?

If so I'll stomach the wait.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm happy with my lrs. Have the Stingray. Got mine last year during a hot sale. Watch their site, get on the email list. Prices fluctuate from time to time depending on the sale.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Add me to the list of people having to wait longer than expected.

The website suggested there would be a two-week wait when I ordered. I was cool with that so spent money.

After two weeks I received an e-mail from LRS stating a USPS label had been printed. That was a week ago.

Current tracking history: "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item"

·
Registered
882 Posts
I’m very pleased with my LRS. I watched for a great sale and it was off season, had it in a week to Canada. Can’t complain here.

04 Road Glide

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yep, after reading about their Sale I too bought from LRS on 05/20/18. I am still waiting after 30 days and several unanswered emails until recently I was told it should arrive this Wednesday. If it doesn't I will follow through with what I emailed them originally and that is to dispute the charge through my credit card company. If it arrives on Wednesday then I'll give it a run but will not at any time regardless of it's performance ever recommend LRS to anyone regardless of price.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I finally got an email from LRS ...

They offered me $10 toward a new windshield. WTF?
I have yet to receive the new one I ordered a month ago. Why in the hell would I order another one? Even if I had received it, why would they think I’m already shopping for a new one?
There is a major disconnect somewhere with these folks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My order tracking shows it shipped Friday, and was at a terminal in NE California yesterday. Should see it I would think by Friday of this coming week.

Glad it is on its way, hope the wait was worth it. Keeping an open mind. Looking forward to trying it out.

It was ordered online on Memorial Day during the last day of that sale.

Hope everyone else get their issues resolved to a fair situation.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I finally got an email from LRS ...

They offered me $10 toward a new windshield. WTF?
I have yet to receive the new one I ordered a month ago. Why in the hell would I order another one? Even if I had received it, why would they think I?m already shopping for a new one?
There is a major disconnect somewhere with these folks.
It's just a mass e-mail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Read the good reviews from other members about the shields and pulled the trigger during the Memorial Day sale when prices were too good to pass up. I thought $20 for shipping was a bit steep, but tolerable in view of the money saved on the shield. Here I sit, with no notification of shipping or any indication when the shield will arrive.

When I questioned shipping times about two weeks after ordering, I basically got an email saying they didn't anticipate the level of response they got, have no inventory and make everything only after it's ordered. However, they added, if I wanted to cancel my order that was cool and they understand. WTF?

I don't expect to get Amazon shipping speed from these guys - but you're running a sale and you have zero inventory to fill orders? Sounds to me like someone who's running the operation hasn't considered the backlash they'll get from people who have to wait much too long to receive their purchase.

I hope the windshield is terrific and suits my needs - but I'm not sure I would be a repeat customer even if it does. The $10 discount for another order was a bit of a poke in the eye... :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Finally received my shield. It looks all scratched up.

The box had staples in it.

The bubble wrap was wadded up in a corner of the box.

Even the "Proudly Made in the USA" sticker on the protective film has a scratch through it.

They aren't open on weekends according to their voicemail message, so ironically I have to again wait on them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ordered my LRS May 20, just received it on June 23, 18, can anyone say Ridiculous! Little to no communications and when I finally did receive communication it was after I emailed them letting them know I was disputing the purchase. Whatever, it's here now and for the price I give it a run but damn, just say your backed up and orders are running 3-5 weeks I'd have been cool with that but chasing it down, ridiculous. Hope it was worth the aggravation.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Read the good reviews from other members about the shields and pulled the trigger during the Memorial Day sale when prices were too good to pass up. I thought $20 for shipping was a bit steep, but tolerable in view of the money saved on the shield. Here I sit, with no notification of shipping or any indication when the shield will arrive.

When I questioned shipping times about two weeks after ordering, I basically got an email saying they didn't anticipate the level of response they got, have no inventory and make everything only after it's ordered. However, they added, if I wanted to cancel my order that was cool and they understand. WTF?

I don't expect to get Amazon shipping speed from these guys - but you're running a sale and you have zero inventory to fill orders? Sounds to me like someone who's running the operation hasn't considered the backlash they'll get from people who have to wait much too long to receive their purchase.

I hope the windshield is terrific and suits my needs - but I'm not sure I would be a repeat customer even if it does. The $10 discount for another order was a bit of a poke in the eye... :)
These are custom made shields. Why would they have inventory? How are they going to anticipate what is going to sell when they have so many combinations that you can order? If we did a poll on what height and tint people ordered as well as which shield I'm sure we would see quite a distribution.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Finally received my shield. It looks all scratched up.

The box had staples in it.

The bubble wrap was wadded up in a corner of the box.

Even the "Proudly Made in the USA" sticker on the protective film has a scratch through it.

They aren't open on weekends according to their voicemail message, so ironically I have to again wait on them.
On the boxes I received the staples were in the end of the box. There is no way the staples can contact the shield unless you left them in and pulled the shield past them. When I get boxes with staples, I pull the staples and put them in an empty drink bottle before throwing in the trash in order to make sure they don't puncture a trash bag and end up in someones tire.

·
Registered
279 Posts
These are custom made shields. Why would they have inventory? How are they going to anticipate what is going to sell when they have so many combinations that you can order? If we did a poll on what height and tint people ordered as well as which shield I'm sure we would see quite a distribution.
They aren't custom shields, they build a line of shields to fit make and model same as Klock Works, WindVest and other's. If the are going to sell a product stating 3-5 days before production begins, which they do tha'ts fine. However, when 3-5 days turns into 9-11 and then 30 days there's no excuse. I get that they make them upon order, the let down comes when they charge your credit card immediately instead upon shipping like other companies and then do not communicate to the consumer about WTF is going on. I'm cool when I have an option because it's on backorder or behind in production because it's my decision to order regardless. What they are doing is trying to fund their business like social security charging to cover cost of previous orders. That's just my two cents. That said I'm looking forward to running this shield and if it's good I will review it as such but won't recommend them without the warning of hurry up and wait caution. it is what it is.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They aren't custom shields, they build a line of shields to fit make and model same as Klock Works, WindVest and other's. If the are going to sell a product stating 3-5 days before production begins, which they do tha'ts fine. However, when 3-5 days turns into 9-11 and then 30 days there's no excuse. I get that they make them upon order, the let down comes when they charge your credit card immediately instead upon shipping like other companies and then do not communicate to the consumer about WTF is going on. I'm cool when I have an option because it's on backorder or behind in production because it's my decision to order regardless. What they are doing is trying to fund their business like social security charging to cover cost of previous orders. That's just my two cents. That said I'm looking forward to running this shield and if it's good I will review it as such but won't recommend them without the warning of hurry up and wait caution. it is what it is.
They give me the impression that it is a side job. And it comes after the fulltime job and family and whatever else. It's being treated like a hobby, not a business. That said, I really like mine and I will buy from them again. I don't take very good care of them and replace every couple years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 65 Posts