Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been crazy wet and cloudy weather but managed to get out some and hope to get out more this weekend. Waiting for the fog to lift and roads to dry right now so thought I would post up some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this cool patriotic mural on the side of a building today.

Then, stopped by the local Harley Dealer to see what was happening. They had a demo truck there and were serving burgers, dogs, and beer. Beer and test rides. Good combination to get someone to buy a bike. :grin:

I almost bought the sign with my favorite paint scheme bike, but the young lady on the sign obscured the view of the great bike. She should have been behind it, and in a uniform. :serious:

It is nice having my portable garage with me to keep my bike out of the elements when I am not riding it.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great pics and glad you got to get some time in the seat. I am really jealous up here in Michigan. They had "come visit your baby" day at the dealership for all who have bikes stored for the winter. Burgers, dogs and stare at the thing you can't ride. Saw one idiot brave enough to ride in. Looked like he was rolled in powdered sugar from the all the salt all over the leathers...:laugh: I can deal riding with the temps but not all the salt residue left on the roads still.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great pics and glad you got to get some time in the seat. I am really jealous up here in Michigan. They had "come visit your baby" day at the dealership for all who have bikes stored for the winter. Burgers, dogs and stare at the thing you can't ride. Saw one idiot brave enough to ride in. Looked like he was rolled in powdered sugar from the all the salt all over the leathers...:laugh: I can deal riding with the temps but not all the salt residue left on the roads still.

You should see the used Harleys down here that were probably owned by airmen who don't have garages. You quickly learn what fasteners and parts aren't designed to be outside all the time.

They get a salt fog that rolls in.

Even the fancy $500 Arlen Ness adjustable apes don't use stainless fasteners.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Enjoy and Thanks for the pics

Been getting a lot of miles here in Jersey, temps start in the high 20's and usually end up in the mid 40's, then rain rolls in to wash away the salt. But the state reapplies salt the following morning :(

I'll be glad when the housing market recovers completely...………………………

·
Registered
342 Posts
You sir, must have a bed made of white lace and feathers and a mattress made of gold because you are a lucky man. (ELP)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You should see the used Harleys down here that were probably owned by airmen who don't have garages. You quickly learn what fasteners and parts aren't designed to be outside all the time.

They get a salt fog that rolls in.

Even the fancy $500 Arlen Ness adjustable apes don't use stainless fasteners.
Aha, so that's why bikes are cheaper down there. I was pricing flights down there when I was shopping for my current bike.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aha, so that's why bikes are cheaper down there. I was pricing flights down there when I was shopping for my current bike.

If the dealer is near a base the used bikes are also probably cheaper because the dealer gave wholesale on trade in.

You definitely want detail photos of the used bikes.

·
Registered
342 Posts

Florida is a good place to look at when looking to buy used. A look past the dealers such as eBay and Craigslist can produce some good prices on some low mile bikes.

A couple years ago I landed a really nice low mile Heritage for $2k-$3k less than I could get one in my area. It only cost $250 to fly, $30 for the Uber ride from the airport to the wholesalers lot and $60 for a one night stay at a cheap hotel on the ride back home. Plus I got the fly and ride off my bucket list.
The bike was flawless.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how many miles do you have on her now, 2-wheel?
lookin' good!
Only 3200 miles but they have been quality miles instead of quantity miles. I got in maybe 5000 miles total for 2018, but at least I can still ride!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Only 3200 miles but they have been quality miles instead of quantity miles. I got in maybe 5000 miles total for 2018, but at least I can still ride!
just curious, no judgement.

if i had that guzzi i'd be on it a lot, too.
i'd love to have a different bike for every day of the week.
with all the salt/sand on the roads here i'd scale things back a bit tho lol

65 was a pretty neat stretch of hiway. might roll down that way this spring.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts