Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Very typical: Once you begin to measure something, you start to become a freak about it.
Plan on hooking my power vision up next week if I get time. Just following along all threads for advice.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Very typical: Once you begin to measure something, you start to become a freak about it.
So true, that's why HD never put an oil temp gauge on bikes

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2010 road glide with a 107 build did a fueling cam chest and HP oil pump I did install an LED oil temp gauge out of the catalog the temp would run on an84° day around 280 degrees With the fueling assembly now around 240 to 280 depending on how hard I’m riding I had a race engine builder tell me the LED oil temp I had a race engine builder tell me the LED oil temp gauges are garbage who knows

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
That's just the temp on the head sensor. Down deep near the combustion chamber. Exterior temps will be less.

If it bothers you, put some fans on it.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Nothing to worry about your temps are fine. To much BS out there on head temps vs oil temp ect. I would see 360 at times in rides like rolling Thunder. never hurt a thing. Using the thermal gun is a waste of time . To be accurate it must not be on chrome you have to have it in the exact same place every time the exact distance.

·
Vendor
815 Posts
Why is my Engine Temp so high. 322 degrees? 84 degrees out. Have a 2018 Road Glide Special.

View attachment 379765
The ET sensor is located on the M8 differently than it is on a Twin Cam and the reported temps are higher respectively. M8 operating temps are generally 250-340 relative to conditions, and if sitting stationary & idling can be higher yet.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Higher temps on an M8? I would have thought lower. Or did I read that wrong?

·
Registered
8,858 Posts
Higher temps on an M8? I would have thought lower. Or did I read that wrong?
Due to the different location of the temp. sensor. Per Jamie

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hot head motor

After I put the Power Vision on my 2015 RGS and was sitting in stop and go traffic in Miami, while down visiting the Keys, I was freaking out that my engine temps were so high, but my bike never stumbled or cut off. My legs were frying and so was my brain, thinking I was burning this motor down. First thing I did when I got back to NC is call Fuel Moto (who I bought my tuner from) and explained everything to them. I got the same reply as you, temps are going to show hotter where that sensor gets it's reading from, but it's okay. Well, that was 25,000 miles ago and I have had no problems and it still runs the same, although I did break down and put Love Jugs fans on it. If you are worried, try that, or as others have stated, monitor something besides engine temp. Good luck!

Nick King

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am and 2 of my riding buddies are happy with Love Jugs - I have the mini versions and they crank out a lot of air - I don't have a temp gauge so I don't know the exact temp reduction but it seems considerable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts