Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week we had great weather here in Indiana. So the wife and I rode our bikes down to Land Between the Lakes in KY and visited a couple friends. We were gone for 3 days and rode secondary roads both ways. We also rode through Sturgis, KY which is the Motorcylce Capital of KY according the words on the police car bumper we saw there. On the way back we stopped at the Moonlite BBQ in Owensboro, KY. Very good destination for BBQ. I decided to try mutton and it was kind of like pulled pork. I thought it was pretty good. We also tried KY Burgoo. Thought that was pretty good too! All and all, it was a great ride and fun time.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I like lamb a lot, but never tried mutton (which is just older sheep). I hear, if it's prepared right it can be just as good.

What is Burgoo?

Soundls like good times...

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Mutton is good. Hell, just about anything smoked and slathered with BBQ sauce is....lol

Burgoo is a stew made up of several smoked meats, usually chicken, beef & pork. Or if your from my neck of the woods in eastern ky, its possum, raccoon and whatever else was found on the rd that morning. (Just kidding)
Its basically like a thick veggie soup. Everybody has a recipe and says theirs is the best...lol

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The hell is mutton? Never ate it I recon. I can cook the sh*t outta ribs and dove breasts though!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Will have to check it out. What part is mutton? Guy down the road here raises them I could probably get one from him.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Hell, I've been all over the world and have eaten stuff y'all don't even want to know about. Mutton ain't bad at all. Like TracyB says, it's the seasoning that makes stuff good (or at least okay).

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lamb is sheep that is less than a year old. Mutton is an older sheep. The stuff I had was tender, probably because it was slow cooked in a smoker.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds good to me. ill eat anything once, twice if i like it and three times if its good! :D

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Passing thru the Apache Reservation in New Mexico on our way to Utah a couple years back we stopped at a Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch and THEY had MUTTON on the menu at the KFC!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tried mutton on a stick in Singapore. Did not like it. Kind of reminded me of liver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts