Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Having to bail on SW - I'll be using the time off to move Mom down from Indiana to South Carolina. Everyone have a safe and fun week.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
All,

Having to bail on SW - I'll be using the time off to move Mom down from Indiana to South Carolina. Everyone have a safe and fun week.
Man it sucks! Ive been looking forward to SW all year and now I can't make it. Bummer for sure...

·
Super Moderator
12,336 Posts
Too many cancellations lately, we're going to have to start fining people. The bright side is I have more chance to win something in the raffle, but I'd really rather have the people there. Well start planning and hopefully things will work out next year.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Sgt & Eddie, you guys will be missed. I'm not giving up my room yet but it's not a 100% sure I'll make it to SW either. 2nd day in hospital wth minor work injury to hand, had one surgery in finger yesterday & another scheduled tomorrow. I'm still optimistic.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Sgt & Eddie, you guys will be missed. I'm not giving up my room yet but it's not a 100% sure I'll make it to SW either. 2nd day in hospital wth minor work injury to hand, had one surgery in finger yesterday & another scheduled tomorrow. I'm still optimistic.
Damn man that sucks. What happened?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Damn!! You were supposed to keep these NY crazies in order on the ride down. Hope all is ok. Keep us posted.

It sucks that people have to drop out. Sorry to hear 1st SGT and eddienelson

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Too many cancellations lately, we're going to have to start fining people. The bright side is I have more chance to win something in the raffle, but I'd really rather have the people there. Well start planning and hopefully things will work out next year.
+1 Hope you guys can make it next year!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I like your optimism!! Hope it works out for ya,(just sent a prayer up for ya). Looking forward to meeting you; and everybody else.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
I hate to even type this but..................you guys are stuck with me.....I'm still going!!!!

Stoked - Sorry to hear of the mishaps and timing of other events keeping you cats from making it - Timing of this one for me sucks but I am sticking to it as with my shit......there is never a good time but I just have to do it.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I like your optimism!! Hope it works out for ya,(just sent a prayer up for ya). Looking forward to meeting you; and everybody else.
Looking forward to meeting you as well and everyone oh and even Steady Eddie😀. I'm thinking I'll be good by then, even if I have to move clutch to right side and operate throttle & clutch with my right 😂

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've only made it to one. I'm a workaholic and only take one week off a year so it never works out. I am selfemployed so its my own fault. BUT, I am retiring in November so there should be no excuse next year. I am looking forward to it where ever it is.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I hate to even type this but..................you guys are stuck with me.....I'm still going!!!!

Stoked - Sorry to hear of the mishaps and timing of other events keeping you cats from making it - Timing of this one for me sucks but I am sticking to it as with my shit......there is never a good time but I just have to do it.
SteadyEddie.......c'mon down!!!:grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been with this site too long to not offer the full details as to bailing from SW even though it's just in my own back yard. As I said, having to bring my mother down to SC to live with me. The reason - she got the results of her biopsy this week and has been diagnosed with "Small Cell Lung Cancer". At 83, already a lung cancer survivor and a widow; she has chosen not to seek therapy/treatment - the general prognosis is 3 months.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Been with this site too long to not offer the full details as to bailing from SW even though it's just in my own back yard. As I said, having to bring my mother down to SC to live with me. The reason - she got the results of her biopsy this week and has been diagnosed with "Small Cell Lung Cancer". At 83, already a lung cancer survivor and a widow; she has chosen not to seek therapy/treatment - the general prognosis is 3 months.
Lost both my parents to cancer so I know what your going trough, spend as much time as you can with her. My father did the same & chose not to be pumped full of poison that sometimes lessens the quality & time left, he lived way past his expectancy. Hang in there brother

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
I am sorry to hear of this amigo and treasure the time you have with your Mother - God took my Pops (who picked me up by my wrists and put me on my first Honda 50 at age 5) suddenly from us and you can never get that time back - Rides will always been scheduled but spending time with our Families is never promised

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Spend as much quality time with her as possible; I wish you both the best and will keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Wow. Prayers sent for your mom and family. I hope she is able to enjoy some quality of life and I know that you will be doing your best to support her. There isn't a family that hasn't been hurt by the cancer. My wife has has numerous bouts with skin cancer, cervical cancer and ovarian cancer. The last one has been the worst (Stage 4) and I lost a lot of working and riding time playing caregiver.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts