Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got the pinch bolts loose and the stem nut loose and I made a couple tools for the adjustment nut but it won’t turn I know it’s loose since I can move the washer underneath it up and down should I be able to turn the adjustment nut by hand with the tool?

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
Ok I got the pinch bolts loose and the stem nut loose and I made a couple tools for the adjustment nut but it won’t turn I know it’s loose since I can move the washer underneath it up and down should I be able to turn the adjustment nut by hand with the tool?
No, tap it with hammer.

https://glide-pro.com/media/

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
i see from your other posts that you have a 2012. having done this on a couple of my bikes, a 2010 and a 2013, i can tell you to be careful. a little bit goes a long way. just a slight tap took my fallaway from almost 4 swings to less than 2.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Agree with skratch, easy as you go.....I went to Ace hardware and picked up a long piece of flat stock, bent it slightly at the 4-5 inch mark and it worked great tapping with a mallet.

Did you lift the bike up and support the front wheel when trying to tighten? has to be free to do the swing test, but supported when tightening...I used a hyd, car jack right under the tire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts