Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to Hawaii from Montana (military) and ran into an issue with my insurance provider (Progressive).

I have (had) all of my insurance policies through USAA for the longest time. A few years back they stopped insuring motorcycles and recomended Progressive as a replacement. I started a policy with Progressive and was paying $48/month for the first year after which it went down to $32/month. I didn't shop around because that seemed resonable to me.

When I moved to Hawaii, I called to change my address and was informed that I had to cancel my policy and start it over because Hawaii has differend rules...whatever. The new quote from Progressive ended up being $78/month :eek: The only explination I got was "That's Hawaii for you"

I hopped online to check out Geico and within 10 minutes I had a policy set up with the exact same covereage for $35/month :cool:

When I called Progressive back to cancel the quote, they asked why I wanted to terminate my policy. I explained that Geico was able to offer the same coverage for less than half the price. The lady on the phone from Progressive gave me a very sarcastic "Good luck with that!" and hung up on me :mad:

It makes me wonder how much I may have saved if I had shoped around while in Montana.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
What I can tell you is that a friend just went through 2 months of hell trying to get money out of Geico for her bike. Was not a pleasant experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check USAA again.. I have my RGU insured through them out here in HI...As well as all of my cars. And their rates beat everyone else i looked at. Just moved out here about a month ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts