Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Has anybody tried the Hawg Tunes DCS system? Is it worth the money?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I looked at the DCS system. After some discussion with Hawg-Wired, I went with their Double Shot system instead. The DCS system is a very simple to install, its a true plug and play system...but it has two limitiations. The first is that it is not expandable, so if you think you want to add more speakers or power later, you are SOL with the DCS amp & harness. The second is that the DCS system pulls the power for the amp from the wiring harness of the bike. This limits the max power output of the amp to 60 W because that is all HW can suck out of the bikes wiring harness. Their other amps (and most other company's amps) run a power wire direct to the bikes battery for more power to the amp.

If these two items aren't limitations to you, then the DCS system would be great. I wanted the flexability to add more speakers later so I went with the Double Shot system that uses the CS amp.

Good luck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree I have the double shot and it is a great system. I have the 6.5" speakers with it. Great setup. See if Drago's still offers the setup not a bad price from Frank.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry yes I meant HAWG WIRED. It was a late shift at work when I posted this. I will have to let the audio research continue.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
If you're in the market for a Hawg Wired System give Frank Drago Of Drago's Bike Works a call. (815) 765-1790.
Frank is a Great Guy. He is a Forum Member as well as a Sponsor.
He will give you the best price around and he won't try and sell you something you don't want or need.
If you get his voice mail leave him a message with a call back number and mention that you're a Forum Member.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Like Mike U said call frank at Drago's. Great price! With the discount skip the DCS and go straight for the six pack system. Just installed mine over the weekend. Awesome sound and simple install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts