Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing a 6 pack from HW that includes all the wires / harnesses.

I ran the power tonight back to the battery but the ground wire is only about 2 ft long from the amp.

I've read a few posts where people are using the mounting studs for the fairing bracket....

The instructions say to look for a ground wire on the neck, but I dont see anything.

Any suggestions?

D.

·
Registered
363 Posts
They probably mean the neck of the frame where the gas tank mounting bolts attach. That's where I ran my grounds from my amps. Just make sure you have a nice clean/clear contact with the bare metal.

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
They probably mean the neck of the frame where the gas tank mounting bolts attach. That's where I ran my grounds from my amps. Just make sure you have a nice clean/clear contact with the bare metal.
+1, I used the same place, use a small file to remove the paint in around the hole and insure a good connection.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
It is on the Neck.
I can not to save my life remember what the heck side its on?
My instructions shows X-ACTLY where it is.
I've got 2 Amps grounded there w/no Problems.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I grounded mine to the fairing bracket as well... no problems yet.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
875 Posts
fairing bracket as well. No problems so far (only been a few weeks, not much riding due to weather)

·
Registered
305 Posts
do you have abs? where the wire run on the neck theres a loop that the wires go through the bolt that stews in to the frame is where i put my ground wire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts