Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey there,

Looking at the Double Shots and saw one thread on this for pre 2015 bike and it was an install issue rather than evaluation.

Saw a lot of good things about the Hawg-Wired on this forum, but not this set up specifically.

Anyone install this? How is it? Looking at this Double-Shot ($524) vs the Hog Tunes 2 ohm front speaker amp package, which is 469.

Would need to have it installed professionally.

Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
I installed this system in a 2015 RGS. The one issue other than not addressing the HD EQ bs is the speakers are too deep for the fairing. I trimmed a little plastic and still had to fill in under the speaker rims to seal them. I ended up getting a 4 channel Rokker and putting the Hawg Wired speakers in a set of lowers where they fit fine. I would not suggest mounting them in the Rushmore fairing without some adapter to properly mount them and even then the grills are a hard fit.

That said, I do have the amp for sale in the classifieds so if you want a deal hit me up.
http://www.roadglide.org/106-parts-sale/248105-fm-c-hawg-wired-amp-hd-grips.html

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed this system in a 2015 RGS. The one issue other than not addressing the HD EQ bs is the speakers are too deep for the fairing. I trimmed a little plastic and still had to fill in under the speaker rims to seal them. I ended up getting a 4 channel Rokker and putting the Hawg Wired speakers in a set of lowers where they fit fine. I would not suggest mounting them in the Rushmore fairing without some adapter to properly mount them and even then the grills are a hard fit.

That said, I do have the amp for sale in the classifieds so if you want a deal hit me up.
http://www.roadglide.org/106-parts-sale/248105-fm-c-hawg-wired-amp-hd-grips.html
Thanks. Going to see how it is with the new windshield later this week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts