Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at the Hawg Wired Double Shot system for my 2012 RGC. Does anybody have any experience with this system? Good or bad? I may upgrade to the ZX6.5" speakers, but would prefer to stay with the DX5.25" speakers if possible.

I like the system because I can add additional amps or speakers later if I decide to. The other thing I like is that it's american made and the Hawg Wired equipment is built for motorcycles.

I am not looking to have a monster audio system on my bike nor am I looking to create any kind of show bike audio system. I just want something better than the oem system that I can hear clearly at 75 mph.

Some questions for those of you with Hawg Wired experieince:
1. How does the Hawg Wired speakers take rain? I ride in the rain, even heavy rain, my bike gets wet.

2. I believe the Double Shot system is about the same money as the Boom Audio amp & speakers or the J&M Performance kit, how does the HW system compare with regards to sound going down the road at 75 mph?

3. Would I hear a difference between the HW ZX6.5" and HW DX5.25" speakers going down the road at 75mph (powered by the HW CS series amp)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I bought the Hawg Wired Six Pack for some of the reasons you are looking at it; American made and built for motorcycles. Now, I can't speak for J&M, but this system is awesome going down the road. I live out West and haven't had the ability to "ops check" it out in the rain yet, but it wouldn't worry me if I had to roll through a down pour. Maybe some of the FL riders can chime in here!

If you decide to go with the Hawg Wire system, contact Frank at Dragos. I haven't found anyone cheaper and he's great at getting back with you. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts