Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the hawg wired speaker system. Full amp, crossovers and speakers, running stock head unit.

Strange, just got back from sturgis. Washed bike today and now no bass from both hawg wired speakers.
-No sign of any moisture inside fairing.
-Unplugged them and attached the 2 wires(there are 3 from the hawg wired system, but obviously the 3 different size connections, only 2 fit) to old set of upgraded boom audio speakers. Harley speakers work just fine.

So for the heck of it, i tried to plug the hawg wired speakers back in, same result/no bass. Now if I take the red(biggest connector) and put it on the middle sized terminal on hawg wired...I get a bit more of a bass sound from the tweater. Now having said that, I do believe the speakers are hootched. But please correct me if I'm wrong. Just strange that both speaker lost all bass at the same time.

Also now the display is intermittant on the stock head unit. grrrr

Any guidance here would be great , thanks.

· Registered
230 Posts
I had a similar situation during a hot day in the valley. My stereo guy says the crossovers blew. look for paper fragments in the crossovers from blown caps. Both failed and it sounds like a cheap clock radio

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deadly thanks you guys. I will have a closer look after work. I did notice yesterday after i put the older speakers in that after a few seconds they lost sound too. Im thinking it may be the head unit now. The display only comes on when ignition is turned on, once i start bike the display shuts off. I can still use stereo but like i said b4, it only sounds good for a few seconds then fades out.

I have a spare heAd unit i can try also. But thanks again for the suggestions. Appreciate it greatly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.