Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Alpine 149BT along with a HW RS400. I installed a set of HW ZX speakers in the factory location. I think it sounds awesome but I would like to add more speakers. My question is if I put a set of 6x9's in my lids or if I choose to add another set of speakers to my inner fairing will I be able to drive the set of speakers I have now and one additional set with the RS400? In your opinion which would benefit more, 6x9's in my lids or another set of speakers in the inner fairing? Thank you.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I have the HW 6 pack which includes their RS400 amp and I also have their Speaker Lid Speakers and run everything through the RS400 with no problems.
Get many compliments on the sound of my system.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact Mike at HW.
He's a great guy that will go the extra mile to help you.
Unlike others, he won't try and sell you something you don't want or need.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike. So I can run 4 4ohm speakers off the RS400? What size speakers do you have in your lids?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Its like Paul Yaffe says in his videos about the mods for stereo speaker calaborations, he shows the 4 speaker in the fairing system. @ the end of that video he says staytuned, and when we come back we'll show you the 6x9 saddlebag lids hooked up to the four speaker super stereo , and we'll take EVERYBODYS head off! So to me , I think ya oughta go w/saddlebag lids to even out the front and rear sound on ur bike. Later on down the road take the inner fairing off and cut some holes for the other set of speakers by ur forks. Harley Davidson should make this a stock option on all roadglides from the Factory. Both, make a heck of a difference. imo
HAWG WIRED RULES!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts