Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any first hand experience using Hawg Wired AMPs, maybe their RS400, and V-Twin customer support let me know what you think. Thinking of using the RS400 AMP.

Thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
I havent used the hawg wired amps (went with a Fosgate PBR300x2 instead) but, I did order my wiring harness from V-Twin audio and they were very pleasant and helpful when I called.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I haven't used HW Amos but I have their 6.5 adapters and grills. Both top notch. I know D-bell runs HW amps. He loves them.

I also run the Vtwin mount and splash cover. Great quality stuff.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I don't think you're going to hear many bad comments about either company. In fact, I have two RS400s sitting on my work bench waiting for me to have the time to install them.

I'm also running V-Twin Audio's (They were Sidecar cycles at the time) aftermarket head unit install kit and the splash guard. All good stuff.

Keep in mind that Frank at Drago's Bike Works also sells Hawg Wired stuff. He's typically got great prices on it. That's where I bought my RS400s and RC-Link remote. If you give him a call, he'll set you up with a great deal.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Keep in mind that Frank at Drago's Bike Works also sells Hawg Wired stuff. He's typically got great prices on it. That's where I bought my RS400s and RC-Link remote. If you give him a call, he'll set you up with a great deal.
+1on Frank, RS400 and RC-link remote.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All, thanks for the input.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
I love the Hawgwired amps, both VTwin and Hawgwired have excellent customer service, and yes Frank will give you the best price on Hawgwired amps.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All, thanks for the input and I did get a price from Drago's.

·
Registered
8,195 Posts
I will most definitely vouch for vtwin audio. I bought their install kit for my upcoming winter project. Top notch service and products

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Hawg Wired and V-Twin Audio are definitely the way to go when it comes to motorcycle audio.
Both companies have great products as well as great Customer Service.
If you decide to go the HW route, as others have stated, give Frank at Drago's a call. Make sure to let him now that you're a Forum Member.
He will give you the best price on HW equipment.
Best of luck on your choice.
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
If you go with H/W get the 6.5 speakers. Just pulled my H/W system out. Replaced it with 4-6.5 hertz and a diamond 400 watt amp.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all for the input

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought a six pack on ebay from a private seller. Since they are in my neighbourhood, I stopped by and met the guy at V-Twin. He remembered selling the system to the guy I bought it from and gave me tons of advice on the installation. PLUS, he said he would cover the warranty if I have a problem! He said he'd replace the speakers if I fried them.

Can't beat that kind of service, IMO. :cool:

BTW, It sounds great!:D

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input, that is great customer service.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed the V Twin kit, Hawg Wired amp & JL speakers, last night super easy install! I had the head unit flashed today! It definitely rocks the garage! It's still a little chilly, but I might try to take a little ride tomorrow!

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Any first hand experience using Hawg Wired AMPs, maybe their RS400, and V-Twin customer support let me know what you think. Thinking of using the RS400 AMP.

Thanks

I have three HW RS400 amps, and a bunch of vtwin accessories including head unit install kit, tourpak subwoofer install kit, tourpak 6.5 speaker adapters. All awesome. All came with AWESOME Customer Service that doesn't run out!

I called HW yesterday with a question about an amp install I did two years ago. More than helpful!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I have the RS400 on order, I got it from V-Twin Audio. I did call Drago's, but V-Twin Audio had a sale which put them just a bit more then Drago's.

What made the deal for me with V-Twin, as I like to support our site's sponsor's, V-Twin stated If I had any questions during the install, to give them a call. Also they stated when I got the AMP installed to give them a call and they would work with me to get the AMP setup.

Thanks for everyone's reply

1 - 19 of 19 Posts