Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got the stock HK head unit on my 08' with boom speakers. Its ok but i want more without going crazy! Im looking at Hawg Wired amp with the 7.25" speakers? Maybe down the road ill go for bag lids. Does anyone have any experience with this setup?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I just installed a Hawg-Wired system on my Ultra. I will admit, due to weather I have not been able to dial it in but in the garage it is LOUD!!! :D
(Edit Uppers and Lowers with 2 RS-400 amps)

So many opinions on audio. May I suggest determining your 'initial' budget first????

One of my determining factors on Hawg-Wired was the easy ability to expand on the system as my budget allows.

If you go Hawg-Wired, call Frank at Dragos.

·
Administrator
12,448 Posts
You're talking two different products, JM is the only one I know who has 7.25 speakers, but to answer your question, my first set up was a Hawgwired amp with JM speakers, the system sounded real good. I personally thought I could do better and have been tinkering since. I have a better sounding system now, but that was a good set up.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
You're talking two different products, JM is the only one I know who has 7.25 speakers, but to answer your question, my first set up was a Hawgwired amp with JM speakers, the system sounded real good. I personally thought I could do better and have been tinkering since. I have a better sounding system now, but that was a good set up.

Sent from my SPH-L710
I cant wait to hear your system at Sharkweek ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put in the Hawg Wired 6 1/2' speakers and amp alonmg with the tweeters that are in the grills. I have had Boom, Hog Tunes and Polk. I like the Hawg Wired the best. I think you will be happy.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
I am partial to Hawg Wired.
Great Company with awesome Customer Support.
I have the Hawg Wired 6 Pack, the Road Glide Tweeter Grills RG5254 along with their HUA360 Harley Universal Radio Adapter and their DX574-70 speakers for the lids and the sound is fantastic.
I used the V-Twin Audio (Formerly, Side Car Cycles) VTRA, FLH & FLT dash adapter kit and their VTWCR Road Glide waterproof radio cover.
Another Great Company with awesome Customer Support also.
I get compliments on my System all the time.
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I love my Hawg wired RS 400 amp and their customer service is superb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts