Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the catalog off my bud last nite which he got from the V-Twin Expo in Cincy last wkd. System is,...
200 Watts RMS (100x2) PSC2002-RS Amplifier
ZX654-100 6.5" Component Speakers (pair)
Conical 6.5" Speaker Adapter Rings (pair)
Class-D Digital Design
2 Year Warranty (Amplifier)
Complete Install Kit...
Available March 2011

$849.95

Also talked to Justin @ Hawg-Wired today and a "New" 4-channel amp will b released along w/the Sixpack System. The 4-channel amp is 400 watts and all the new amps are powder coated "Black" instead of "Red"

6.5" ZX Series Speaker offer a 160% larger woofer cone,an audiophile grade 12DB per Octave Xover Network,and Hawg-Wired's Signature Bridge Mounted Component Tweeter.

Just thought I'd pass along the news to anyone interested in spending sum of there "Hard Earned Cash" on a "New" sound system for the Spring and Summer ridin Season.
I am purchasing this new 400 watt amp when it b/comes available, along w/there 6.5" speakers and there speaker grills w/the Tweeters in the grill.
I am lookn to "Impress" myself, but the rest can freakn lock there car doors when I pull up next to them! Or roll up there windows if my "Tunes" are to "LOUD!"
I apologize in advance, if I've offended anyone,....butt-munch!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:D Your killin me man, I'm trying to find out how i'm going to spend my next few dollars and you keep throwing stuff at me
Man I bought the DbleSht. Pkge. 2 years ago,...150 Watt Amp and 2-5.25" speakers w/Xovers and was pretty impressed! But nowing that there was 6.5" speakers "Out There" I had to upgrade last year. So I feel your "Pain!" lol

Dang Neano, I just upped my system, and it seems like I won't be able to hear mine next to yours!! LOL!
Peewee,...
I'm going all out here and I "Hope" I'll b satisfied!
This new 400 watt amp pushing the 4-speakers in my fairing and the 150 watt DbleSht amp pushing my 6x9's in the saddlebag lids, well we'll c
I'll have almost as much money in this sytem than I had in my Corvette.
Bout another $1000.00 and I'll match it!
But it still hasnt cum "Close" to my House Stereo set-up! lol!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Neano, I am seeing that I might need a road trip to come hang and party with your stereo!! LOL!! Sounds like its better than getting next to the speakers at a concert!!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neano, I am seeing that I might need a road trip to come hang and party with your stereo!! LOL!! Sounds like its better than getting next to the speakers at a concert!!
Ya ever get up this way,...I'll have the Rib-Eyes and the Tunes "Ready!"
My Home Stereo is all hookd up thru my T.V.
I've got Klipsch K-Horns for my main front 2-channels,...
it takes 1 Watt of continuous "Power" to make 110DB of sound thru "1" speaker,... I've got 205 watts pushing each speaker! 420 total!
Man it is a "Concert"
DVD's will freakn "BLOW YOU AWAY!"

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dude,...
Ya wont b "Disapointed" if ya go w/this new stuff.
The "Effiency" of this System is the "Best" on the Market,thats made for motorcycles.
Now,...straight "Car Audio" amps and components mite be a little different as in how many volts your bike needs to push whatever ya buy but this is why I choose and pick "Hawg-Wired!" They no there "Stuff" and how to build it, all in House and very well informed!

You do get what ya pay for when it cums to "Audio" and "Video"

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
hay Neano long time bro

I have asked sooo many guys and read more than I care to but, where do ya start for good sound without breaking the bank, I just want the sound without having to get more. I want to push the stock radio without blowing it.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have asked sooo many guys and read more than I care to but, where do ya start for good sound without breaking the bank, I just want the sound without having to get more. I want to push the stock radio without blowing it.
Frodoe, best advice I can give ya is only this,...
This SIXPACK SYSTEM is gonna "Rock!"
It aint gonna b cheap, buy no means. But was is thats any count?
I did talk to Justin the other day and he said 2 more weeks. also the price on the older mite b cumin "Down"

Give Frank at Dragos Bike Works a call when you decide.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I was about to pull the trigger on the base 'red' hawg wired amp, for similar reasons, it seems they understand bike audio. So far have found them as low as $400

now just wait and see. how far 'down' is.

my home audio system is real basic, 500W pioneer/yamaha head and 2 jbl round backs.

The elf and arc amps, also seem okay, just more radio 'noisy' from what I've read online. But at $150-200 might be worth it for someone.

Let's mention ohm's, if it's anyone's first time, make sure you match the ohm load, been there before.

·
Registered
470 Posts
thats pretty cool....but when a bike dosent have walls around it and is moving the bass is lost...so you cant get that full sound we are all after

1 - 18 of 18 Posts