Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sony audio

So the display has gone out on my HK unit. I was thinking maybe just change to aftermarket. The biketronics stuff looks like maybe even I could hook it up. My question is the only radio they sell is Sony. Is sony okay or do I need a different brand. I do want to keep the handlebar controls.

·
Registered
203 Posts
So the display has gone out on my HK unit. I was thinking maybe just change to aftermarket. The biketronics stuff looks like maybe even I could hook it up. My question is the only radio they sell is Sony. Is sony okay or do I need a different brand. I do want to keep the handlebar controls.
I bought the Hawg wired kit for my Alpine - It should arrive tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Bump ..........

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the hawgwired kit and Alpine 149BT. Love it. I have plenty of buddies with biketronics kits and alpines and kenwoods. I don't think you would really go wrong either way.

Oh...by the way, my dumbass hooked up the hawgwired kit.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
I'm a big fan of Hawg Wired.
Great Products and Great Customer Service IMO.
I have a Sony DSXS310BTX head unit. The reason I went with Sony was because they were the only one to offer a tray for the iPod.
It works great hooked up to the HW 6 pack and their HUA360 Harley Universal Radio Adapter.
If it ever goes out I will definitely switch to the Alpine CDE-HD149BT.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,761 Posts
Do you guys feel the marine badged head units are as good as the same brand (not marine) head units ?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I installed a Hawg Wired kit just yesterday with my new JVC...Love it was super simple, can t see anything in the sunlight but that is most head units...My local shop tried to discourage me from that "plug and play crap" and use the bike-troniks kit and save me a bunch he claimed...yeah im good, did it myself with 2 amps and my 8 speakers. ROCKS OUT DEFINATLY.:cool::cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the sony and hawg wired system taking speakers amp and crossovers out I have had the systems just over a year adjusted readjusted and have finally given up.hawg wired has offered plennty of support but I am not happy with the quality of sound.I WISH i WOULD HAVE GONE CUSTOM FROM THE START

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
I have the sony and hawg wired system taking speakers amp and crossovers out I have had the systems just over a year adjusted readjusted and have finally given up.hawg wired has offered plennty of support but I am not happy with the quality of sound.I WISH i WOULD HAVE GONE CUSTOM FROM THE START

Welcome to the forum, what system do you have, and what are the problems?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts