Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a problem that just started today, right side HW ZX sounds like static or buzz at low to zero volume. Seems to play just fine, so I haven't blown it. Setup is Sony HU, biketronics bar control adapter (speakers do not run through it, amp wired directly to HU), RF PBR300x2 driving the HW and a set of pioneers. Speakers are 4ohm, 200-250 watt. HU is 3 months old, rest are about 8 months.

Any thoughts on what it may be or how to go about troubleshooting are much appreciated.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Do you have Daymakers or any other LED lighting? I noticed LED lighting can sometimes introduce a hum, which can be solved sometimes by rerouting wires, I solved mine by installing a filter.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock lighting. Appreciate the input. SInce its still working I am riding, hell if it went out I would still choose to ride. Rode for 40 some years without tunes. I'll tear it down and check wiring some rainy or cold day.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Ground Issue,....
or a Cable not plugged in all the way, bad, or touching another cable 'End' somewhere.
I'd 'Start' with all grounds.Even if ya hook a meter up to m, and it says its strong, find another point to ground. Stick with, if ya already havnt, the directions say to ground.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I had the same problem. I fixed it by using the high inputs instead of the RCA cables. It fixed all the noise. When I called hawg wired about another issue I asked them about it and they said its common with led lights. They said using the high inputs fixes the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts