Road Glide banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So please don't flame me if this has been asked - couldn't find it. I am looking at the 14" apes from Hill Country. I see that others are happy with them, but I am looking at getting the complete kit with chrome controls, etc because I want chrome controls and it's around 100 cheaper to get the complete kit (plus I don't have to run wires).

Has anyone used their chrome controls? Are they as good as stock? Also, I have a GPS mount on the left side and aux switches on the right side so I need to make sure that the HCC controls fit the same as OEM.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just installed their complete kit on my 2015. Their chrome looks as good as the HD stuff, and better than cheap stuff I've seen in the past. In reality, the switch housings are still HD, but the brake/clutch cylinders are HCC's.

As for the rest of it, go into the handlebar section of the forum and look for the complete write-up I did. Because of a lot of screw ups from HCC the damn project took more than 2 weeks (I spent a lot of time waiting on correct parts).

·
Registered
875 Posts
JUNK KITS!!!
Bars are excellent quality

The switches they use are junk.
I has 2 sets from them both times within 1000 miles switches failed.
Customer service sucks!
Build you own for same cost and will save you a ton of headaches
I even called back to bitch both times and after 100 phone calls I got hold of someone who doesn't really give a crap.
First time I thought fluke. Second time in year my fault for thinking it's fluke.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JUNK KITS!!!
Bars are excellent quality

The switches they use are junk.
I has 2 sets from them both times within 1000 miles switches failed.
Customer service sucks!
Build you own for same cost and will save you a ton of headaches
I even called back to bitch both times and after 100 phone calls I got hold of someone who doesn't really give a crap.
First time I thought fluke. Second time in year my fault for thinking it's fluke.

Thanks for the input. I think I am going to go with their "kit" that has the extended lines and wires but not the controls and just buy the Harley chrome controls.

Hopefully they will get my order right so I don't have to call them LOL

·
Registered
492 Posts
Never dealt with them personally, but I have definitely read more bad reviews than good. Just saying. Good luck with the install.

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
I dont have their controls but I can attest to their bars & cables. TOP NOTCH!!! Ive been running them on Lymey for almost 5 yrs now and they still look brand new.

And for me, customer service couldnt have been better. Ive dealt with them both in person and on the phone many times.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I hear negative review after negative review, and my email to them has gone ignored thus far. I have also started looking at Burly Brand bars. Maybe their service would be better . . .

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've never dealt with them personally, but I have a friend who has done business with them on a couple of occasions.

Both times he had nothing but good things to say about the company and the products.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I think you'll be happy with that decision. Again the bars look great and held up.
Thanks for the input. I think I am going to go with their "kit" that has the extended lines and wires but not the controls and just buy the Harley chrome controls.

Hopefully they will get my order right so I don't have to call them LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.