Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
If your going to bore your cases for the increased spigot diameter, why not build a 117", using an S&S 4 1/8" bore cylinder?
A well built 113" can indeed be a very powerful engine, as evidence shows on our web site, but a 117" will just have more.:)
Scott

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your going to bore your cases for the increased spigot diameter, why not build a 117", using an S&S 4 1/8" bore cylinder?

A well built 113" can indeed be a very powerful engine, as evidence shows on our web site, but a 117" will just have more.:)

Scott

I don't think there is any boring involved. I think all the replacement parts come in a kit. I didn't see anything about boring the cases.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I don't think there is any boring involved. I think all the replacement parts come in a kit. I didn't see anything about boring the cases.

Case boring is in fact, required, for that 4.060" cylinder bore spigot OD, which is the reasoning for the S&S cylinder suggestion.
We charge $250.00 for that straightfoward machining operation.
An S/E "Lefty" bearing can be used to save some dough, vs. a Timken bearing conversion, if desired.:)
Scott

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
.....or purchase of crankcase kit 24601-10a. The more I read up on it, the more I like the 120. The factory bored crankcase is an additional $600.

Aside from the fact that it is more expensive, you also have dual MSO numbers to deal with when it comes to registrations and such. That can sometimes be a pain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.