Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use one or both of these items? Specifically, H-D part# 52596-09A and Mustang part# 79610?

I am looking to add a backrest to my Mustang heated touring seat. The Harley one is about $350 for backrest and mounting kit, whereas the Mustang one is about $225 for the same (and would match the seat better). The Mustang one doesn't appear to be adjustable that much (some adjustments can be made with thumbscrews apparently).

So anyone have any opinions on these or rider backrests in general? Are they worth it? Do they affect the passenger in any way (comfort, room, etc)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I have used the Mustang backrest on Mustang seats and Harley seats. Have also had the less adjustable Harley backrest. No complaint with either and I find the Mustang plenty adjustable - up/down & fore/aft - for my wants and needs. They do not seem to affect any passenger that has been on my bikes and the comfort it adds to me makes it well worth it.

Reactions: Cagey

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the HD adj. for two up and the Mustang solo backrest. Yes, the HD does crowd the passenger a bit. Both work well. I wouldn't be without a back rest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts