Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 RGS, w/full face helmet which I have had for a while with J&M wireless headset. I always had good volume control at highway speeds. I do not have my phone paired to the head unit, music from a flash drive. Also, good volume control using the radio/Navi. I decided to get the HD headset to have stereo, wihich should be better overall. I installed th HD headset and at 70 mph, volume was not loud enough to hear the music, with volume turned to max(I could sort of hear the music, but really could not make out the words, etc).

I viewed a couple of videos on how to set everything up, one being Lawabiding bikers, which is a pretty good video. I reviewed all my settings in the head unit and using the HD program, I updated the software for the headset. Under the HD program I did see the default settings for audio boost was disabled, which the instructions stated to enable this setting for max volume. That did help, but not much. I have the same issue with the navigation volume responses. I feel the volume at max should either distort the music/responses or one should turn it down to keep from hurting ones ears.

Any suggestion on what I may have missed in the head unit settings or setting up using the HD program that one plugs the Bluetooth unit/computer.

Thanks

·
Registered
699 Posts
I just put the WHIM on my bike with the Harley EVO20s and have no issues hearing it at highway speeds. Now, I dont get the volume the J&M elite series headset has but its not far off. I wear a Shoei Neotec along with a Freedom Shield which is a good combination for me.

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I did a factory reset, downloaded the software and setup everything up again, now just waiting for the rain to stop to take a test ride and see if that helps.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Speaker placement is everything. Hear great on my shorty helmet but barely hear anything with my 3/4. Moves the speakers out with a spacer behind the speakers in the 3/4 and all is good now. It may have moved a 1/4 inch or less. I heard everything now with good volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Speaker placement is everything. Hear great on my shorty helmet but barely hear anything with my 3/4. Moves the speakers out with a spacer behind the speakers in the 3/4 and all is good now. It may have moved a 1/4 inch or less. I heard everything now with good volume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the suggestion, I will do that as today’s rain gives me time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts