Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know why HD says the HD made chisled lo handlebars do not fit CVO's?

I have one of the 2018 RG CVO's and after reading the specs of these bars the fit my needs perfectly.

Any help from the would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Oh, some eye candy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I know is I have a 17 with chisel low's and the new 21" front wheel isn't compatible because of the bars...
I just don't know how or why that would matter.

What's funny is the dealer stocks 10" Yaffe's, but they have more pull back compared to the HD chisled. And they were ready and willing to sell and install those for me.

It just doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It has something to do with the hand controls and pins. I asked the same question because I wanted F47's on my CVO. As I recall the non CVO bikes use pins in the hand controls and the CVO's do not and the holes would exposed and look like chit on the CVO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anybody know why HD says the HD made chisled lo handlebars do not fit CVO's?

I have one of the 2018 RG CVO's and after reading the specs of these bars the fit my needs perfectly.

Any help from the would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Oh, some eye candy.
Because the cvos have the pin on the left and everyone else has the pin on the right. Pull it out and it shouldn't matter

·
Registered
245 Posts
If it's just the pin, pull it out or hammer it in. I have the Lo's and love them. Can't think of another reason at all why they wouldn't work although I also don't see why the CVO would have a different pin placement. Sounds like higher manufacturing costs to make that happen.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
It has something to do with the hand controls and pins. I asked the same question because I wanted F47's on my CVO. As I recall the non CVO bikes use pins in the hand controls and the CVO's do not and the holes would exposed and look like chit on the CVO.

This^^^ FLSTFI Dave should be able to chime in next time he logs in. He changed bars on his '15 and they send the non cvo bars. Big holes in them by the controls.

Because the cvos have the pin on the left and everyone else has the pin on the right. Pull it out and it shouldn't matter
They only pin on a CVO (15 +) is the one in the middle. I've got one. No pins anywhere else.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I do not know, but Vinditka has the Nomad bars, they are the chiseled style 10". There website says the can make them for the CVO. They are adjustable forward and back and should not raise your arm position, they just help the crappy wrist angle.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I just don't know how or why that would matter.

What's funny is the dealer stocks 10" Yaffe's, but they have more pull back compared to the HD chisled. And they were ready and willing to sell and install those for me.

It just doesn't make sense.
It does not make sense at all to me.

The Road Glide, and road glide special use the same bars, and same handle bar clamps with pins on both side. They also have a pin at the center clamp. The 15 and 16 CVO Road Glide Ultra's used different bars. These bars use normal handle bar clamps and have no pins on either side. They do have the center pin which is easily pulled.

Looking at my 18 CVO RG, it has the regular Road Glide and Road Glide Special handle bar clamps with the big ugly weights. There I believe it will have pins just like the non CVO road glides.

This^^^ FLSTFI Dave should be able to chime in next time he logs in. He changed bars on his '15 and they send the non cvo bars. Big holes in them by the controls.

They only pin on a CVO (15 +) is the one in the middle. I've got one. No pins anywhere else.
Very true. The CVO RGU could not use regular road glide bars, they had to be special with no holes at the handle bar clamp area.

My bet is the Motor Company idiots though the 18 CVO Road Glide had the same bars as the 15 and 16 CVO Road Glide Ultras with no bar end holes.

I bet if you look at the HD chilled bars, they have the holes for the pin at each end of the bar and the center. I would then bet they work just fine on the 18 CVO RG.

There have been so many times the MoCo is wrong on what fits and what doesn't. If I believe the MoCo then my 13 King would not have internally wired heated grips. My 18 would not have a CB and so on.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

I don't think I follow this.

My non-CVO had pins which I shaved off with a Dremel so I could adjust my controls and levers to my liking. You can't see the holes on the bars regardless.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, after further research, I have no doubt that the HD chisled bars will work, so much so I ordered them today. (With my discount, due to buying a bike, bars only cost me $318 and I opted to get the poly bushings. Hell, I also had a $100 gift card, burned that on the purchase too.)

I will have the dealer install them during my 1000 mile service. Yes, there is no doubt I can install them myself, however, since I am on call 24/7/365 and value what little time "off" I have, I will let them do it. (I will have to tear a corner off my man card.):wink:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
You won't need to tear your man card... rather it will tear your wallet. Lmao.

I'm with you though. Some things you just don't have the time to install.

I've done everything but the forks.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I don't think I follow this.

My non-CVO had pins which I shaved off with a Dremel so I could adjust my controls and levers to my liking. You can't see the holes on the bars regardless.
Correct and you were using non-cvo bars.

On my 15 CVO Road Glide Ultra used normal handlebar controls, not the road glide ones with the large weights and pins. Yaffe sent me Road glide bars by mistake even though the order clearly said CVO road glide ultra with no pin holes. So those bars, the holes were very visible as I did not have the huge weights that road glides have. They had to send me the correct bars

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
UPDATE!

Bars are on, they are perfect for me.. 5'11" 30" inseam for the record.

Pic with the bars on, I just installed the fullsac 2.25 baffles today.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Can you post up a side pics please? looking to see how much pull back they have in relation to the air cleaner or horn...7 hours of riding yesterday and the outside of my hands were getting sore from the high bar angle (inwards)...my gloves are worn more there also...time to change...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts