Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know its not rocket science, but if anyone has installed this i need a suggestion. I cant fit my hand between the tire and fender to loosen the "fasteners" ...i call them BOLTS . If anyone can recommend a socket or tool that will allow me to get to those i sure as hell would appreciate it. Tried a long open ended wrench, a crescent wrench....Just cant seem to get to that damn things. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok i know its not rocket science, but if anyone has installed this i need a suggestion. I cant fit my hand between the tire and fender to loosen the "fasteners" ...i call them BOLTS . If anyone can recommend a socket or tool that will allow me to get to those i sure as hell would appreciate it. Tried a long open ended wrench, a crescent wrench....Just cant seem to get to that damn things.
Thanks guys!
I used a “universal” socket with a 6” extension on my ratchet... easy using this setup.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok i know its not rocket science, but if anyone has installed this i need a suggestion. I cant fit my hand between the tire and fender to loosen the "fasteners" ...i call them BOLTS . If anyone can recommend a socket or tool that will allow me to get to those i sure as hell would appreciate it. Tried a long open ended wrench, a crescent wrench....Just cant seem to get to that damn things.
Thanks guys!
I used a “universal” socket with a 6” extension on my ratchet... easy using this setup.
and I was able to get to the bolts with my bike on the jiffy stand.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I use a slim ratchet from Easy Red and a shallow 1/2" socket and can take the bolts out without removing the rear wheel. One end will accept bits and the other end is 1/4" drive. Well worth the money!!

Here's a link....
https://www.amazon.com/RED-4S12L-Combination-Stick-Silver/dp/B00DSR50BQ/ref=asc_df_B00DSR50BQ/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309807921328&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6489433650538876822&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9008566&hvtargid=pla-451333337988&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I did mine before I got my lift. reached up in there with a gear wrench to remove the bolts. was a pain with my large mitts but I got it done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok i know its not rocket science, but if anyone has installed this i need a suggestion. I cant fit my hand between the tire and fender to loosen the "fasteners" ...i call them BOLTS . If anyone can recommend a socket or tool that will allow me to get to those i sure as hell would appreciate it. Tried a long open ended wrench, a crescent wrench....Just cant seem to get to that damn things. Thanks guys!

I used a 1/4 ratchet with socket.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I used a stubby wrench and next time I'll have the wife do it with her smaller hands.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts