Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a HD dealer and I was discussing a Compensator problem and the service manager mentioned that even though the Compensator was covered under my ESP that the new style stator rotor assembly was not covered.
I know there were some members that had to deal with this so what was the results, did the ESP cover the new rotor assembly or not??

I feel that since the old version SE compensator is not available anymore and the 07 to 10 touring model bikes requires a new rotor assembly to fix the compensator problem the rotor assembly should be covered.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'd tell them (in a nice way) to fix the compensator, here's $50 (deductible).

Let them (ESP / Dealer / MoCo) sort it out...

It's not anywhere near fair for you to have to buy a new stator just because the MoCo decided to make your compensator obsolete and require (you to buy) a different stator.

The Dealer could nip this in the bud for you by finding that the stator is bad.

·
Registered
7,238 Posts

It's not anywhere near fair for you to have to buy a new stator just because the MoCo decided to make your compensator obsolete and require (you to buy) a different stator.

Exactly!!!!! What he said

·
Registered
147 Posts

ABSOLUTELY!

I know this EXACT problem has been fixed on 2 different bikes locally with just the deductible. Don't let the dealer jerk you around!:eek:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Sales team do a great job selling extended warranty for protection...pay now and be disappointed latter when the service is needed.
Will try another dealer or call MOCO no way should have to pay for replacement under ESP.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I have the compensator replaced under the ESP I was planning on insisting that the ESP covers the rotor assembly.
The service manager mentioned that because a lot of people were just upgrading to the new compensator under their ESP plan the the ESP reps were starting to deny payment on the rotor assembly because they think there is nothing wrong with the compensator and you are just doing a upgrade.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My ESP covered all parts for comp replacement. Was never even brought to my attention by service manager. When I asked, he replied I had to have it, so they payed for it. Guess it depends on dealer/ESP writers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts