Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a HD IPod / Iphone module. I pulled the power from the rear speaker plug. It works but I have very little volume. It works with the handlebar controls. If I plug my Ipod into the accessory plug I can get the same volume as the CD or radio But when I plug it in through the module I get less than half of the volume. I'm wondering, that because I don't have any rear speakers ( which means no rear volume control ) if that is whats causing the lack of volume. Should I change the power source or if anyone here has a suggestion or solution to this lack of volume. Thank You

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I use my iPod all of the time with the factory hook up with no difference in volume. Have not tried my iPhone yet. Will try later today if I get a chance and let you know how it sounds.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
yeppers

If you have the EQ on your ipod put on a setting, turn the EQ off. Makes it louder by about X2. I was disappointed when I did my install, but without the EQ, it is pretty loud.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Forgot about the EQ setting. Always turn mine off first thing. Plugged iPhone into the system and did not notice any difference in volume. Ran the same list of songs through iPod classic right after the iPhone. EQ off will fix. Settings, Music then place the EQ slider to off.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I had the same issue of very low volume until I turned the eq off, then all was happy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts