Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many diuscussions carried out during December, I have finally completed phase 1 of my winter project in my 2017 M8 RGU.

- 15" HD Fat Apes (I am 6'3")
- SE Stage II Torque over my St I with Street Canons

Comments:

1. I like a lot the bars, the way they handle the bike. I feel I've got much more control of the bike. I also feel very confortable. No problems with the possition of my wrists. I just love them in this sense.

2.- The dealer did not remove the pin, so the bars are too much backwards. I have no problem with how confortable they are, but I would rather prefer they were a bis more forward as they would look cooler. I think I would also prefer my arms a bit more straight than so bended.

3.- Stage II is great. I love the sound of the bike now and I can tell the difference. No huge, but there is an important improvement. They bike goes now much more relaxed at medium speed, feeling there are a lot of extra power left if I need it.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Bars and pipes look killer!

Pull the pin brother, rock em forward till there cozy!

If your nervouse about warranty, put the pin back in before you service. PIA I know but you will get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bars and pipes look killer!

Pull the pin brother, rock em forward till there cozy!

If your nervouse about warranty, put the pin back in before you service. PIA I know but you will get the best of both worlds.
Thanks Madmat, either I do what you say or I will change my bars for others. First I will try pulling the pin out as you say.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have those same bars, (my opinion) I think the bars are pulled back a bit much. I would definitely pull the pin! Otherwise I love these bars over stock. I also like the traditional bend that the bar has!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have those same bars, (my opinion) I think the bars are pulled back a bit much. I would definitely pull the pin! Otherwise I love these bars over stock. I also like the traditional bend that the bar has!

I think the same.

Do you feel unsecure due to having removed the pin? Have you had any issue after removing the pin?

Anyway, the more you could tell me about, the better.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am going to see all your pics again

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Do you have more pictures to see how much have you pulled them forward?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't have anything current at the moment she is put away for the winter.
I did have the dealer install these, just didn't have the time with work. So they were
the ones who set it all up and its perfect. I am currently running a CVO seat which is
lower and further back than stock. (stock seat is more for the wife)

There is a thread here that intially I followed to roll my stock bars. It details how to get to
the pin and remove it, very simple process...I couldn't pull the pin but I did tap it down and out
of the way. From there the bars are simple to adjust!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have anything current at the moment she is put away for the winter.
I did have the dealer install these, just didn't have the time with work. So they were
the ones who set it all up and its perfect. I am currently running a CVO seat which is
lower and further back than stock. (stock seat is more for the wife)

There is a thread here that intially I followed to roll my stock bars. It details how to get to
the pin and remove it, very simple process...I couldn't pull the pin but I did tap it down and out
of the way. From there the bars are simple to adjust!
Thanks a lot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts