Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever installed or had any experience with HD Part # 29900028 High Output Charging System?

It claims 54 amps @4000 rpm which means it has lots of power on hard acceleration.

I installed a subwoofer and amp that kills my charging system. Looking at this as an alternative to the accessory battery in my tourpak.

Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
The high output charging system is only 4 amps over stock which is 50 amps. I don't think 4 extra amps is going to solve your problem. Installing as many LED lights as you can will help reduce draw on the charging system directing more current to the battery.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The high output charging system is only 4 amps over stock which is 50 amps. I don't think 4 extra amps is going to solve your problem. Installing as many LED lights as you can will help reduce draw on the charging system directing more current to the battery.

All of my lighting is LED.

They only show 4000 rpm amperage, that's not where I hang out most of the time, they (HD) claim 30% increase at 1000rpm. I haven't found any numbers between 1k and 4k rpm, which is where most riders are most of the time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
137 Posts
Take a look at the kits from Cycle Electric. Their replacement system (VR, Stator, & Rotor) puts out 35 amps at 1000 RPM and 54 amps at 2500 RPM. I just replaced my old 45 amp single phase system (2005 & earlier) to their 3 phase system when my VR went out. It has made a very noticeable difference. You already have a slightly more powerful 3 phase charging system in your bike, so it won't be as noticeable, but the Cycle Electric system is about the same price or lower as the Harley high output system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts