Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used HD I pod interface for my 2012 RG ultra. Apon installing it all the controls work fine but it only plays music out of the right side speakers. Any help would be great..

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Not familiar with the iPod interface but I would recheck all of your connections.

·
Registered
413 Posts
+1 for checking connections. I often have problems with the interface/ipod connection coming loose. Lately I have looped a couple of rubber bands around the connector and the Ipod to keep them tightly together.

tj

·
Registered
613 Posts
I am having the same problem with mine. I have had it back to the dealer (its under warranty) and as of yet they have not been able to identify the cause of this problem. After a lengthy discussion with them it is going back again this week. I am also having an issue that my ipod will only play a portion of the songs and it loops back again and when parked for a long period of time it will go back to the same song and start the loop over again. But, I am also having this issue if I plug into the AUX port. It is driving me crazy. Last week I rode to Colorado and back, trying to listen to the music with the left speaker dropping in and out was so annyoying I finally turned off the radio and went all week with no music.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
check the cable. that round plug that plugs into the back of the module has 6 or 7 wires in it and they are tiny! i had one wire break and had to replace the cable. it runs over $80 :eek:

·
Registered
997 Posts
I have had some similar problems. If I unplug the ipod then plug it back in it usually works fine. I am now having another problem. It for some reason decides it wont recongnize the ipod and wont play at all. If I cycle thru the other inputs then back to the ipod it will play for a couple seconds then quit. The same unplug then plug back in works but that is starting to be a pain. I also sometimes get a message about using the hard drive ipods but I am using a touch so I didn't think that should be an issue. I think the cable connections are crap. At first this happened infrequently but over the last week it happens all the time. I guess to summarize, I have no idea how to fix your problem.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have had some similar problems. If I unplug the ipod then plug it back in it usually works fine. I am now having another problem. It for some reason decides it wont recongnize the ipod and wont play at all. If I cycle thru the other inputs then back to the ipod it will play for a couple seconds then quit. The same unplug then plug back in works but that is starting to be a pain. I also sometimes get a message about using the hard drive ipods but I am using a touch so I didn't think that should be an issue. I think the cable connections are crap. At first this happened infrequently but over the last week it happens all the time. I guess to summarize, I have no idea how to fix your problem.
Try cycling thru your Playlist to original list, that seems to work for me. As far as the playing out one channel, try new cable. Good luck.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The HK radio is bad. Send it off to iron cross to get repaired. Get the bluetooth and pre-amps installed as well. They can also add Ipod and aux plugs to the back of the unit.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The HK radio is bad. Send it off to iron cross to get repaired. Get the bluetooth and pre-amps installed as well. They can also add Ipod and aux plugs to the back of the unit.
got an address/website for this "Iron Cross" you're talking about?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts