1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Same bike as yours. I used the smoked lenses. I don't have any better pix I don't think.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Mine came with my detachable tour pak kit. Was on the fence whether to install mine or not because they seemed too busy. One night I saw a bike miles down the road pull over with his flashers on. It was so bright. Didn’t know what it was until I got closer, but man was that thing lit up like a Christmas tree! Put mine on shortly thereafter, so from a safety standpoint I love ‘em. Very simple to remove the bags. Adds about, 4 or 5 seconds per bag. Small price to pay for the return of investment.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Have them on my 15 RG. Doesn’t make the bags harder to remove, one quick disconnect plug for each bag. They do increase the visibility. My bike is vivid black, I installed black/smoke they look like they are part of the bag not a part installed on the bag.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I've been considering those same lights. I don't want to get cheesy with too many lights, but to me these just make sense. The back side of the '18 RGS needs something more. After all, its personal preference and BEING SEEN is what is most important, right!

Thanks for costing me more money, by the way! LOL

Ride safe brother!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have them on my 15 RG. Doesn’t make the bags harder to remove, one quick disconnect plug for each bag. They do increase the visibility. My bike is vivid black, I installed black/smoke they look like they are part of the bag not a part installed on the bag.
^^^What Larry said...... I have them on my 18 RGS and am very happy with the look and added rear visibility

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I have them. Different brand. But they're with the extra 4 seconds it takes to remove them.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I also changed the stock lights to led. Red lens & changed the tri light to smoked led. Much better visibility. But still got rear ended 2 days after they were installed.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I too installed them as part of the quick detach tour pack kit. I agree with the others - they make a huge difference in visibility and only take 5 extra seconds to remove the saddle bags. When removing or putting on the saddle bags its as easy as plugging in a lamp.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for great info. I think these look great & are a good safety add. Sounds like I’ll be $229 poorer in a couple of hours : )

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I got the Ciro Bag Blades. Half as wide and brighter. Check them out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I added them to my 2015 roadglide , I am on the fence as far as looks go, however i have plenty of compliments by riders that follow behind me on how much more visible I am.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I also changed the stock lights to led. Red lens & changed the tri light to smoked led. Much better visibility. But still got rear ended 2 days after they were installed.
Damn man, that sucks. So then what happened?
I broke my knee cap, on my leg that already had a permanent debilitating injury from a previous motorcycle wreck, broad sided by left hand turner. Caused 14k damage to bike insurance paid for it to be rebuilt. Bought new had it for 5 weeks 1385 miles when the wreck happened. Now close to 10k trouble free miles. Still love the shark. Just wish I physically could do more long distance rides, but can’t due to my physical disabilities but I still ride. Get odd looks when I park in handicap & get my cane out.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I broke my knee cap, on my leg that already had a permanent debilitating injury from a previous motorcycle wreck, broad sided by left hand turner. Caused 14k damage to bike insurance paid for it to be rebuilt. Bought new had it for 5 weeks 1385 miles when the wreck happened. Now close to 10k trouble free miles. Still love the shark. Just wish I physically could do more long distance rides, but can’t due to my physical disabilities but I still ride. Get odd looks when I park in handicap & get my cane out.
Glad you’re riding!!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
These are the saddlebag lights on my old bike (14 SGS). This is in run mode. The brightness more than doubles when braking or signaling. In the picture, I also have Kuryakyn LED turn/brake light inserts. On my current 17 RGS, I went with the curved LED license plate frame instead. It doesn't have turn signals like the saddlebag lights but it does brighten when braking. Between the two, there is no comparison when it comes to lighting - the saddlebag lights are much brighter! I just felt the saddlebag lights were a little too "busy" as someone else said. You get less lighting with the frame but I think it looks a little better. I am still debating whether to put on the saddlebag lights in addition and going with safety over appearance.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts