Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got one of these kits HD part #69060-90G for $44.95. It is the stock horn for the 2014 models and since the stock horn on my bike SUCKS I thought I would give the new horn a try.
I haven't put it on yet I am going to do that in a bit so I don't know if it is much better than the stock horn on my 08.
Anyone else try this upgrade and how do you like it??

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
Yes, I did mine when they first came out. IMO, it's a huge improvement. Well worth the
$44.95.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got mine on and it is louder than the stock horn. To me it sounds like a average car horn.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
That outta freak the cars out, dropping by dealer parts dude with horn display today;) anyone need a stock horn?

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Yea, it comes with some extra un-needed brackets, reason to clean-up behind horn cover (running rust), 1 nut horn cover off(1/2) 1 nut(10mm) horn off, (must be @ beer 30, got that horny feelin). Going havto run up @30mph to set cruise, to hit horn, so I'll be able to hold her from jumping off or breaking my ribs thinking a cars hitting us:D surprise

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Yea, it comes with some extra un-needed brackets, reason to clean-up behind horn cover (running rust), 1 nut horn cover off(1/2) 1 nut(10mm) horn off, (must be @ beer 30, got that horny feelin). Going havto run up @30mph to set cruise, to hit horn, so I'll be able to hold her from jumping off or breaking my ribs thinking a cars hitting us:D surprise

Thanks>>>>>.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The horn is stock on the 2014 bikes so when at the HD dealer have a salesman turn on a bike and try the horn out. That is what I did and that is how I decided on buying the horn.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
I broke down and bought one... I had a 25.00 gift card and figured wtf... lol

sure seems loud... but then again I havent had a horn since late last year.

d.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Bought one of these Saturday and installed it Sunday....
Considerably louder than stock....worth the $45 in my books.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I had one already on my 17' RGS and figured people were using a space underneath the right side cover to shove air compressors in there (with modification) I thought no modification and a metal tab I wired up a second of the same horn and a relay initially to eliminate the factory horn but now it sounds like a beast ! Tapped into the wires underneath the tank for the stock horn wires added a relay and bam ! I surprised myself. Lol

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I just put one on my 2011 FLTRX cause the factory one started to sound like a dying duck, and I must tell you it's way louder great improvement , much better to alert the bozos and cagers. Well worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts