Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do Harley's mid-frame air deflector part: 58002-09A work? Or does anyone know of after market product that does the same thing and is better?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've been thinking about these as well. There are a few aftermarket. I've been told they help some when at stop lights and doing the duck walk.

·
Registered
223 Posts
good

I put them on my 02 and again on my 15 I am happy with them. Anything to help when in traffic or touring on those long runs on a hot summer day.

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I use the kuryakyn mid frame heat deflectors, they look great and are easy to install. I used the HD mid frame heat deflectors and the sucked IMO they held in the heat and my thighs cooked and they were a PIA to install and take off.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Started using them on my 05 Ultra, they came with my 11 CVO Ultra, they made a big difference - had them put on my 17 along with the new fan set up - when the temp gets up there you still know you're on an air-cooled engine - but the set up definitely makes a difference, it's not AC but at least its bearable, any way bottom line riding with or without - I'll take with......

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All, thanks for the replies, good info to have.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I added them after about 4,000 miles.

They work to a "degree"....... But, certainly better than none at all. Yes, a little bit of a pain to install, especially if you drop a clip.

Best heat reduction item I have done, is de-catt.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
It depends on what you mean by "work" Do they deflect air? probably, Do the deflect heat? Not really. I've had them on and off of the bike and can tell you there isn't much difference either way. Either in air flow or in heat deflection. My problem is I like to ride with my feet on the highway pegs mounted to my engine crash bars where they are not covered up by the factory adjustable lowers, and when I do after about 20-25 minutes at highway speeds, my right thigh feels like it is cooking! deflector or no deflector. So, I've taken them off for a cleaner look. Recently though, I put the left side back on to hold an aftermarket receptacle for my heated gear. Works like a charm as an electrical component holder!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts