Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The HD mid frame air deflectors run about $80 are they worth the money? I would like to hear any input on them good or bad before I buy them. Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
love mine painted them same color as my bike added chrome highlights

·
Registered
672 Posts
The air deflectors are the ones that mount to the crash bar and only run ~40 bux

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have the ones that mount under the seat,good at keeping the heat off ya at a light or low speed,but the neat thing is while your moving they swirl more air to the rear cylinder to improve cooling, i think they are well worth it.:D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Those are actually heat deflectors
Actually the manufacture, Harley-Davidson calls them mid-frame air deflectors.
"Mid-Frame Air Deflectors attach to the frame below the seat, and direct heat away from the rider to improve comfort on hot summer rides"

Both are correct in that they are mid-frame hot air deflectors.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I have the ones that mount under the seat,good at keeping the heat off ya at a light or low speed,but the neat thing is while your moving they swirl more air to the rear cylinder to improve cooling, i think they are well worth it.:D
What he said!!

·
Registered
8,834 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I removed mine. Seems like they trap heat and keep it on the rear head, plus I like the more open look.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I live in Central Texas and it can get hot here so this last summer I figured that I would try them out. What a difference, IMO they are worth the money....

·
Registered
520 Posts
I removed mine. Seems like they trap heat and keep it on the rear head, plus I like the more open look.
HIAB... it 25*F and snowing in SE Michigan right now, bet you wish you had those deflectors to keep in some heat now, dontcha??? :D

as far as these MF airdeflectors keping the rear cylinder hotter..???...
kinda makes sence. i havem, maybe i'll takem off next summer and see.
they do look nice though.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I did the same..Agree it felt like they actually trapped the heat. Also like the cleaner look..Holy crap $80 for 2 pieces of plastic, perhaps I should put mine up. Perfect condition, used 2 months.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
HIAB... it 25*F and snowing in SE Michigan right now, bet you wish you had those deflectors to keep in some heat now, dontcha??? :D

as far as these MF airdeflectors keping the rear cylinder hotter..???...
kinda makes sence. i havem, maybe i'll takem off next summer and see.
they do look nice though.
Few flurries, no big deal and no salt. I'm still planning my December 1 ride.

Actually, I'd prefer the heat to flow up vs be deflected down by the plastic doohickies.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I've got the heat deflector (not the HD version) and they work well.:)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Few flurries, no big deal and no salt. I'm still planning my December 1 ride.

Actually, I'd prefer the heat to flow up vs be deflected down by the plastic doohickies.
why doesn't the heat make its way back and up thru the hole in the seat??!:rolleyes::D ...sorry, cant help it.

for many years, did a Christmas day ride (except with ice, once, with residual snow on the sides of the road, now... been in south east Florida for almost 20 years and have a hard time if the day temps go below 65*F. pussy.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have them on my bike,they do seem to help keep the heat down a little any improvement is better than nothing.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I love my mid frame deflectors; they look great hanging in the shed. I found them to be more functional on the old style exhaust.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts