Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am going through the bazillion options for highway pegs. Whatever setup I go with, it has to be black.

I think I have settled on the HD Mini Floorboards Kit 505001144. Paired with either the HD Long Angled or Short Angled Adjustable Highway Peg Mounts.

Does anyone have this setup that can share a photo or give any feedback as to how they like it? I know it's a subjective thing but any input is appreciated.

I am 5' 10" so I am guessing the shorter mounts would be better? I am thinking it would be nice to have my heel on the floorboard and toes on the mini floorboards to be able to stretch my legs and back after a while.

The sheer volume of options in this area is really overwhelming! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Go with the short arms. Have them on mine and work just fine. (5' 9")

Reactions: JakeC7R

·
Registered
493 Posts
If your looking at mini floorboards look at Ciro3d ASR boards. They look outstanding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Really liked them on my Ultra.

I had the long arms but could have gone with the short arms easily.

I would ride with my heels on the floorboards and the ball of my foot on the mini boards.

Or I would ride with my heels on the mini boards and sometimes hang my feet in front of the mini boards for a stretch.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I appreciate that!
Really liked them on my Ultra.

I had the long arms but could have gone with the short arms easily.

I would ride with my heels on the floorboards and the ball of my foot on the mini boards.

Or I would ride with my heels on the mini boards and sometimes hang my feet in front of the mini boards for a stretch.
Thanks to you and rider, appreciate the advise. Those pix are really helpful as that it the look I wanted, those look good on your bike!

It also makes me think I want to move my floorboards out a bit at the same time.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the mini’s on the crash bar with the short arm mounts, and their matching counter part but in full size on the passenger mounts. I’m out of town and away from the bike right now but posted the best pictures I have available at the moment. Anyway, I really like mine. Besides liking the way they look, I feel my size 13 boots are just more comfortable and stable on these compared to regular pegs.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the mini’s on the crash bar with the short arm mounts, and their matching counter part but in full size on the passenger mounts. I’m out of town and away from the bike right now but posted the best pictures I have available at the moment. Anyway, I really like mine. Besides liking the way they look, I feel my size 13 boots are just more comfortable and stable on these compared to regular pegs.
Thanks for the pix, I think this is the setup I will use!

PS the color of your bike is awesome. Really cool setup you have.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have the exact same setup as Smokey, and on my black FLTRU, with the black minis front and rear, they sort of disappear when folded up. Somehow the mini’s look more like an intended supplemental floorboard, and not a “peg”. Amazing how much relief you get on a long ride just to shift the ball of your foot onto the mini with your heel on the floorboard. Whether just the ball of my foot, or moving my entire foot to the mini, I can put pressure on them and push back on my backrest, and really relax my back as the miles disappear. I use the larger mini as a replacement to the passenger floorboard, and my wife likes the way they feel better than the stock floorboard. I'm 5’7”, and the passenger floorboards fold up and away such that they do not hit my calves when I’m walking the bike backwards. HUGE difference!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the exact same setup as Smokey, and on my black FLTRU, with the black minis front and rear, they sort of disappear when folded up. Somehow the mini’s look more like an intended supplemental floorboard, and not a “peg”. Amazing how much relief you get on a long ride just to shift the ball of your foot onto the mini with your heel on the floorboard. Whether just the ball of my foot, or moving my entire foot to the mini, I can put pressure on them and push back on my backrest, and really relax my back as the miles disappear. I use the larger mini as a replacement to the passenger floorboard, and my wife likes the way they feel better than the stock floorboard. I'm 5’7”, and the passenger floorboards fold up and away such that they do not hit my calves when I’m walking the bike backwards. HUGE difference!
That is quite a testimonial, thanks!

One thing that is quite interesting is that none of you guys have mentioned any quality issues. When you look at the reviews for the arms on the HD online, there are a lot of negative reviews.

Comments like they scratched up by bars, don't fit right, screws are too short, low quality. etc. - so I am glad to hear that none of you experienced any of those issues.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Comments like they scratched up by bars, don't fit right, screws are too short, low quality. etc. - so I am glad to hear that none of you experienced any of those issues.
sounds like people who don't know what to expect. anytime you put metal against metal, you are going to get some marring. if you don't like the position, then loosen them up enough that you can reposition them without force and scratching.....

put them on right, and the screws are plenty long enough, any longer and they would bottom out before getting fully tight.

as far as quality, no issues there either. my wife and i both have the long angled, hers have been on her bike since she had her roadking in 2007. transferred them to the 2012 glide, so basically, hers are 11 years old. still shine up like new.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
If your looking at mini floorboards look at Ciro3d ASR boards. They look outstanding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Ckecked these out at laconia this year, pretty slick. If I did not already have pegs I would give these another look.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The Ciro product looks great, but man are they pricey.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just noticed the mini footboards come in two sizes - Large 4" base or Small 3" base - so more decisions.

So is the large a "mini footboard" a mini macro and the small a mini mini LOL :smile:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just noticed the mini footboards come in two sizes - Large 4" base or Small 3" base - so more decisions.

So is the large a "mini footboard" a mini macro and the small a mini mini LOL :smile:
I think you’ll be happy with which ever size choice you make. Myself, I went large on the passenger peg mount and small up front and love the combo.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you’ll be happy with which ever size choice you make. Myself, I went large on the passenger peg mount and small up front and love the combo.
Yes thanks I was thinking the smaller for highway pegs, the wife can buy her own LOL :wink: Just kidding of course gotta take care of the little bride!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Same here, small on front, larger on back. Quality is excellent. Per previous comment, installed correctly the screws are no issue, just requires a bit of finesse and patience. Subsequent adjustment is the same.....loosen enough to allow them to move without gouging. I think the only thing to be aware of is that the accidental drop would likely fold the mini up, and the bracket would take a hit on the bottom side of it, and not the crash bar. Do not ask me how I know this. Either way, damage to the bike is minimal given the alternative. These mini’s come in a choice of black or chrome. I chose the black, and will try to get some photos of them for you this evening if you are interested. I was afraid the black would look funny with the chrome brackets, but I think they look great.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Same here, small on front, larger on back. Quality is excellent. Per previous comment, installed correctly the screws are no issue, just requires a bit of finesse and patience. Subsequent adjustment is the same.....loosen enough to allow them to move without gouging. I think the only thing to be aware of is that the accidental drop would likely fold the mini up, and the bracket would take a hit on the bottom side of it, and not the crash bar. Do not ask me how I know this. Either way, damage to the bike is minimal given the alternative. These mini’s come in a choice of black or chrome. I chose the black, and will try to get some photos of them for you this evening if you are interested. I was afraid the black would look funny with the chrome brackets, but I think they look great.
If such an event would have occurred, it is good to know that the pegs could provide some benefit. I mean hypothetically speaking, of course, if one was to somehow allow the motorcycle to inadvertently touch the ground in a manner that was not intended, these minis could be "sacrificed" to avoid damage to more significant and expensive parts of the bike - I mean if that was to occur that would be better :smile:

·
Registered
307 Posts
You were gracious not to ask, compelling me to therefor state that I have never once dropped my bike. Saying that probably jinxes me to drop it today. This is not to say that my dealer didn’t drop it. Poor kid, accidents happen, he hooked his jeans on my centerstand foot handle and over it went. I can confirm that after a magnifying glass examination, the only damage was a minuscule scraping of the chrome on the bottom of bracket. I might not have noticed it if the dealer hadn’t pointed it out, and he furnished and installed a new set of brackets. He let me keep the replaced set, when I told him I would need them whenever I get around to dropping it. He also had his detailer completely polish my entire bike back to showroom appearance. Just a note.....I installed my brackets in a position that would make certain the brunt of a drop would hit the point where the bracket is attached to the crash bar. Some taller guys might have theirs positioned so that the mini sticks out further, and that will be the contact point which may or may not do more damage.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts