Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Ill admit that I, like alot of others here, like to create and use products that are cheaper than HD. Just did a quick oil change. Used the thin HD oil drain pan which fits nicely under the bike. And this year I broke down and bought the overpriced filter funnel drain thing.
I wish I had bought that funnel years ago!! No drip and no mess on the floor at all!!
I have tried a bunch of the other home made oil catchers over the years. I will admit the HD one worked better than any of mine

Wish I had bought it years ago

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok Ill admit that I, like alot of others here, like to create and use products that are cheaper than HD. Just did a quick oil change. Used the thin HD oil drain pan which fits nicely under the bike. And this year I broke down and bought the overpriced filter funnel drain thing.
I wish I had bought that funnel years ago!! No drip and no mess on the floor at all!!
I have tried a bunch of the other home made oil catchers over the years. I will admit the HD one worked better than any of mine

Wish I had bought it years ago
+1 on that! I used "home made funnel" things for years. Some worked better than others. I saw this in the HD goodie book and broke down and bought it. Works well.

66C10

·
Registered
219 Posts
I tried one and like I have stated so many times on here I'm and idiot and failed miserably and got more oil on the bike and floor than I have in 20 years of servicing my Harley's than I ever have so I threw the dam thing in the trash !!!!!

now I'm thinking it was obviously idiotic error somehow on my part !!!

it had to be me because we all know that harley would never put out a product that doesn't work real well bahahahah

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
the only one they got I like is the plastic gizmo for the primary , only cause it uses one and a half hands not three , I have a gazillion small paper funnels in the shop as well

JtB

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I have one of the HD filter drain thingies..... the stupid hose thing is in the wrong place, and you have to fiddle around to get it in the right place to miss the frame, and other parts for the hose. But once you have it situated it works pretty well.

Also have the primary fill thing-a-ma-jig........ that thing rocks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been using the same 2 litre bottle I cut down for years. Works great and no mess. Plus all I had to pay was .99 for the pepsi inside.....:cool:

W

·
0 Posts
I just changed my oil using the hd funnel that fits under the filter and had a nice puddle of oil under my bike. Seems worthless...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
One thing my daughter bought me years ago is an oil diaper that I believe she got at Wally World. Place it under your bike and it catches that missed oil and keeps the mess down. It also works well just to put under a slow dripper a/k/a older HD.

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
the trick with the oil filter is to put a filter underneath the end and punch a hole in the oil filter with a screwin' driver , oil drains out , then when you pull the filter there is no oil to drip all over everything

JtB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts