Road Glide banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '11 Road Glide Ultra. I'm considering putting on the HD premium fork and shock, but its about a $1,400 cost installed. Seems like a lot of money. Is it worth it? I would have to see a major improvement and ride and handling quality to make it worth it.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Recommendation: Arlen Ness Hot Legs and Progressibe Monotubes. Probably less than $1K, and I'm guessing you can find someone from this forum who is close to you that can help you. LAbor: $0. (well, beer and pizza).

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I put the standard height #31-2500 Progressive Monotube Cartridge fork kit in...paid $249 for the kit and had it installed for $360. I have installed them myself, but the bike was having other service done on it, so I let the dealer install the kit this time.

The monotube cartridge kit makes a huge difference in ride, handling and maneuverability for the HD touring bikes. I don't know how different the HD Premium ride double cartridge fork kit would be, but I know they are similar in concept and design.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
'Have the HD Premium F&R on the '09 SERG. The ride / handling is light years better than stock. I prefer the HD Premium stuff to the Progressive bikes I have ridden (smoother ride)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.