Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Harley release another software update in case anyone wants to be a guinea pig. The list below are the fixes. I follow the audio forum regularly and see many of these fixes below noted as issues on a several posts

Version 1.19.1
Date Released: 2015-07-22
File Size 822 MB
Change Log:
New Features
- High Contrast Day Colors
Issues Fixed
-Road Tech zumo prompts inaudible
-AVC inoperable until the first time it is adjusted
-Radio does not switch between units properly
-Volume adjustment from hand controls does not function
-Presets do not recall correct station/media
-Radio remains "off" after engine crank
-Address field cannot be edited
-Radio stuck on splash screen/accept screen
-Temperature between C & F inaccurate
-WB seek up/down broken after ignition cycle
-Radio system stays on after shutdown for an extended period
-Traffic Announcements not working
-AM/FM Reception missing strong stations on seek
-Media not playing after ignition cycle
-Brazil dealerships missing
-Performance and stability enhancements

· Registered
9 Posts
it doesnt help

I did the upgrade to mine it deosnt change anything from what i can tell. I still cant switch song if I play music from a thumb drive via the USB. Has anyone else had that problem and any ideas how it can be fixed I've tried several thumb drives and it worked fine till the updates were installed.

· Registered
181 Posts
I did the upgrade to mine it deosnt change anything from what i can tell. I still cant switch song if I play music from a thumb drive via the USB. Has anyone else had that problem and any ideas how it can be fixed I've tried several thumb drives and it worked fine till the updates were installed.
Go to the menu screen when playing the thumb drive, check SEEK not SCAN. Should fix your issue. I was having the same problem and this fixed it.:smile:

· Registered
115 Posts
you need to be sure that you select all music in the 2 menus as well. I had the same problem for awhile until I selected all music it will be the first tab that comes up when searching. It annoyed the hell out of me for awhile before I figured it out. The software they have really sucks it is very unfriendly to use. It should be simple and painless but it is the direct opposite.

· Registered
9 Posts
I didnt specify that I dont have nav so if anyone can help me out to get it working again that would be great. It worked fine with the software from the factory but after the updates it locked up while i was driving down the road but never did before it hasnt worked right since and the dealership tells me its updates there is nothing they can do

· Registered
537 Posts
Harley release another software update in case anyone wants to be a guinea pig. The list below are the fixes. I follow the audio forum regularly and see many of these fixes below noted as issues on a several posts

Version 1.19.1
Date Released: 2015-07-22
File Size 822 MB
Change Log:
New Features
- High Contrast Day Colors
Issues Fixed
-Road Tech zumo prompts inaudible
-AVC inoperable until the first time it is adjusted
-Radio does not switch between units properly
-Volume adjustment from hand controls does not function
-Presets do not recall correct station/media
-Radio remains "off" after engine crank
-Address field cannot be edited
-Radio stuck on splash screen/accept screen
-Temperature between C & F inaccurate
-WB seek up/down broken after ignition cycle
-Radio system stays on after shutdown for an extended period
-Traffic Announcements not working
-AM/FM Reception missing strong stations on seek
-Media not playing after ignition cycle
-Brazil dealerships missing
-Performance and stability enhancements
Other forums are reporting that if you have the HD Radio flash for an aftermarket amp - Fosgate, Hawg Wired, J&M etc you will have to reflash as this new update erases your previous flash----anyone tried and had this issue???

Came across this from Street Glide Forum:- flhrci - 07-11-2015, 08:02 AM
"Those with a CUSTOM FLASH for aftermarket audio.... be advised....
YOU COULD LOSE YOUR FLASH. IT's happened for a few with at least one previous flash.
YOU WERE WARNED."

· Registered
181 Posts
I dont have a specail so I dont have nav Ive been messing around with it but havent found a seek mode to select do you have the same system as I do?
I have the base radio too. But I'm still using a 18.3 software.
If you find the screen that has PRESET, SCAN, SEEK showing just select SEEK only. Otherwise I'm not sure what your's is doing.

· Registered
81 Posts
I don't know anything about the flash but once I did the latest upgrade, it seriously increased volume and sound quality in my JBL speakers, no amp yet.

· Registered
8,503 Posts
How do I upgrade?
If you have the new infotainment radio go to the this link:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/hog.html

Than upper right hand of the page and move your mouse over the "owners tab" which will bring down a list of topics.

Click on "Software Downloads"

Follow the instructions from that page. Also, after you download the folder to your computer, look for the file in that folder that has the letters ISO in the file name and just download that file to your thumb/flash drive for upload to your radio.

Hope this help and makes sense

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.