Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has used HD's replacement engine program?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nope. But be aware that if you do, it comes back bone stock. So if you send if off with fancy camshaft, pushrods, etc.... this is a program that began in the 1990s for Evo owners. I doubt anyone with a M8 has had to use it yet. That would be called ''warranty work'' LOL

·
Registered
682 Posts
people talk about the 110 having problems-I have my fingers kind of crossed-when it goes here comes a 124-not sure if it would be Harley or s&s-could always have fuelmoto rebuild

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
I haven't , but know a couple peeps who have , it's probably the route I will go , as bad as I want a 124 , can't justify the added expense .. Do know that it takes about three weeks . It is stock and does not come with cams , lower rocker boxes , upper rocker boxes or cam cover ..

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think it is a good deal for those who intend to keep the bike they love for several more years.
I wish we had the program available in Europe as well, but sadly it is not, probably because of the little if none request. Europeans normally do lesser miles than Americans, so HD probably see the program as not cost effective for us.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I use to ride with a guy with the Patriot Guard. He had a late 80's Dyna with over 300K miles and he does the HD Engine program. I believe he said he was on his 3rd motor, and he was very happy, because any issues the dealer/any dealer was close by.
I was interested about it and we spoke several times, but I figured if I was spending the coins, I would go aftermarket. More bang for the buck, so to speak. He was the only person I have personally come across in my life that used it.
I mentioned the PG, because I don't see him everyday or every week for that matter, only for funerals. And Thankfully, there hasn't been many here locally.
Thinking about it, I haven't seen him in years

Reactions: 1st Sgt and geo8866
1 - 6 of 6 Posts