Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have come across this before, but can't seem to find it now. I am ordering HD color matched saddlebag lids, but don't want to run the BOOM audio set. Does anyone know where to purchase the grills alone?

Also, if anyone else is has these lids with different speakers, please share here.

Again, sorry for the redundancy.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hawg Wired has a set of 5x7's that will fit. Should be out end of the month

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
341 Posts
Are the lids now offered in another color then Gloss Black and Primer?

Call PcPain aka Jon at Horney Toad harley in Temple Texas I bet he bets any price you where given.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Just tape off the HD logo & paint it the color you want.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Are the lids now offered in another color then Gloss Black and Primer?

Call PcPain aka Jon at Horney Toad harley in Temple Texas I bet he bets any price you where given.
They do offer them already painted. Look on page 617 of the 2013 catalog to see if they have your color. Or, if you tell me the color I can look for you

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If I looked at one of your pics right, your bike is Big Blue Pearl. The part numbers are: left lid 90200614djo right lid 90200615djo. The retail at $279.95

·
Registered
341 Posts
If I looked at one of your pics right, your bike is Big Blue Pearl. The part numbers are: left lid 90200614djo right lid 90200615djo. The retail at $279.95

Wish I knew that a few weeks ago when I was buying my audio set up. Maybe I can get them later. Thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
I just had my lids modified by Sidecar Cycles, they take your existing lid and modify it to fit 6.5" facing the rider. Because they modify your lid there is no paint to deal with.

They should arrive back to me sometime late next week, I will post photo.

Peace

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I trimmed a set of pioneers to fit

great that the lids match the bike so well, overall

would have liked to get a 2ohm set of the CVO 5x7's and tried them, but didn't

never see testing data or spec sheets on harley audio, so avoid it

don't really want to have to try both HAT and HawgWired, so we'll see

pioneers are okay, just some coaxs, HAT's and hawg-wired both components

nice to have that extra set, makes a huge difference to me and filling in the lows.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know I have come across this before, but can't seem to find it now. I am ordering HD color matched saddlebag lids, but don't want to run the BOOM audio set. Does anyone know where to purchase the grills alone?

Also, if anyone else is has these lids with different speakers, please share here.

Again, sorry for the redundancy.
Do yourself a favor and get away from the 5x7 speakers and go to 6x9s. You can do that without ANY modifications to the CVO lids by using a metra 5x7-6x9 adapter and then whatever 6x9s you choose to use.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do yourself a favor and get away from the 5x7 speakers and go to 6x9s. You can do that without ANY modifications to the CVO lids by using a metra 5x7-6x9 adapter and then whatever 6x9s you choose to use.

Do you have these? Where can I get them? Include pictures if so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
yeah they're proud of them. I bought the CVO 6.5" grills for my polks in the tourpak pods because I liked the way they look and they were $37 each.

No sir, I went with the Cycle Sounds lids painted at $550 which INCLUDES the grills and doesn't require any adapter for 6x9s.. LOL Just ordered them on Monday so they should ship probably tomorrow.. So maybe I'll have another project this weekend.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts