Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke with a close friend of mine and he showed me some info that he has confirmed with the powers that be. Appears that HD will be putting out a 131" Stage kit for the 4.5" stroke bikes (114" and 117") but no word on a kit for the 4.3/8" stroke 107" engines. Says the kit is street legal the way it is setup from HD so therefore will keep you in good standing with warranty. I know there are going to be mixed comments here as always but just thought I would pass along the information. I'm sure more details will be available real soon.

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
This has me thinking all sorts of things......Like Trans, Belt to Chain, Crank, Clutch, etc - I can only Imagine what a built 131 will put out and don't see Factory HD components standing up to that kind of power

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This has me thinking all sorts of things......Like Trans, Belt to Chain, Crank, Clutch, etc - I can only Imagine what a built 131 will put out and don't see Factory HD components standing up to that kind of power
I agree with you SE if you improve the kit with an aftermarket cam and tuner but if you keep the kit intact from HD we all know that it won't perform to it's potential staying within EPA limits. Based on what a SE 117" kit puts out with the Street Tuner, and within EPA guidelines, I would guess that the 131" kit wouldn't make more than maybe 122Hp/135Tq at best. Still a lot of power but Jamie at FM has built many M8's that get easily in the 140's Hp/Tq with the stock crank and he claims they are holding together just fine. For the guys that want to keep their warranty this gets them even more power. Not to mention that you could very easily get a lot more out of it when the warranty is up. We'll see how it goes but we'll see soon enough.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They doing everything in their power to put me on a new scooter ..

Instead I would ask S&S to build a 143LC

JtB
I hear ya Jack and that would make your 11' scream! Just do yourself a favor and don't go test ride a new Limited. >:)

My buddy that has a 2011 FLTRXSE that I had said for years was the smoothest riding Harley I have ever ridden, rode my 18' FLTRXS for a full day in the mountains last Saturday. He was absolutely floored at how much better my bike handled and rode over his. He even has a 16' BMW K16GT that he just bought a few months ago and he claims that if he had tested the new Harley's he might not have bought the Beemer. They are that good!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I wonder what the secret in the recipe will be for the 131 incher? FM is putting out the 128 kits for the 114/117 cid's. If this 131 comes to be I wonder what route they took differently from Fuel Moto to squezze out the extra 3 cubes. Thanks for sharing the hear say Ken!

·
Administrator
10,475 Posts
I have no desire for an M8 .. I can kill myself perfectly well with what I have now .. They wont give me anything on a trade and a 143 is still cheeper than the price difference between my trade and a new RGU ..

Well there is one '19 M8 CVO Mako Fade that I supposedly have dibs on , but I will believe it when I see it , I all but offered to buy the bike that was traded on that bike and was turned down , well completely ignored ..

JtB

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I found out today that there will be a kit for the 107" bikes and it will be a 128" kit. So the kits are based on larger bore size so the stroke will be the 3" difference from 128" to the 131".

·
Registered
475 Posts
If they do release such a monster kit for the 107s and 114s that would be totally out of character as the norm has been that they roll the bigger motors out in the CVOs first, then trickle them down to the rest of the line-up.

I think that I might be a little skeptical that the MOCO will have bigger bores out before S&S, Fuel Moto or TMan Performance, but it may just be denial on my part since I just took my 107 to a 124.

I will be following for sure.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If they do release such a monster kit for the 107s and 114s that would be totally out of character as the norm has been that they roll the bigger motors out in the CVOs first, then trickle them down to the rest of the line-up.

I think that I might be a little skeptical that the MOCO will have bigger bores out before S&S, Fuel Moto or TMan Performance, but it may just be denial on my part since I just took my 107 to a 124.

I will be following for sure.
These will be performance stage kits and not engines that will be produced from the factory in bikes. You can still be skeptical though but I wouldn't be making large bets if I were you. :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can't wait to see if this is true. I wonder if it will be apart of the January parts release or one of their random pop up releases.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I can't wait to see if this is true. I wonder if it will be apart of the January parts release or one of their random pop up releases.
I can tell you as a tech that I have seen info from the mothership about these kits

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'll have to pay more attention for updates and info on this!

Reactions: RGBav
1 - 19 of 19 Posts