Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2012 FLTRX in March, it didn't have the ABS/security system option on it. I have since purchased the security system (module, antenna, wiring and two fobs) and want to self install it. The instruction sheet that came with the system tells you to install it using the service manual instructions, I have the service manual, no problem there. The problem comes when I read about actuation. Instructions read "see a HD dealer to activate the key fob to the TSSM, HFSM or BCM." Below that is "Note - you can activate the TSSM fob by referring to the procedure in the electrical diagonostic manual." I really don't want to spend another 50 - 60 bucks on that manual. Can anyone clue me in on the procedure? Dealer already gets plenty of my money, prefer to do whatever I can on my bike without them. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it installed

After researching 3 other HD related forums, and reading what it says in the owners manual, this is a dealer only install. Installed and fobs "assigned" to my bike by the dealer, it was only 1/2 hour labor charge. Now I will be putting on the radio shack siren. Nice not having to mess with a key everytime I leave the bike for a minute.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts