Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
some of the fleet cars at work came with 6 months of sirius...not impressed personally,they didn't play anything I couldn't hear on regular radio.

So,no,haven't tried the HD one,sorry.

·
Registered
477 Posts
For me I would say its Okay. Theres only 4 Stations I listen too. If your riding in a area with alot of tree cover the reception is not that good. I have 2 Ipods with thousands of songs and I prefer that route.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You may here the same songs as you would on regular radio but NO commercials. PLUS you can pick some specific genre stations.
ie:
not just country but classic country, new country, retro country;
not just rock but classic rock, pop rock, top 40 rock, new wave;
not just heavy metal but death metal, head banging metal
not just talk radio but comedy, current events, wellness, radio story,... well you get it,
The down side is no weather or news updates between songs but there are specific all news weather and sports channels.

I too have a i-pod with playlists that I opt for as well. All a matter of preference.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I've had XM since 2001 or 2002, and have always been a loyal customer. However since Sirius and XM merged its gone downhill. The rates keep going higher and higher, they are charging me for things that used to be free, and to me its just not worth it any longer. I just got a new phone and researching my options, as of right now I like Slacker Radio. The preminum service, which lets you pick songs and make a playlist is still cheaper then the SiriusXM monthly subscription. We had 3 XM radios which was over $40 a month,.. but last month I cancelled 1. Here in the next month or so, I will be cancelling the other 2 as well since it is so expensive and there isn't anything on it that you can't get through the cloud or a podcast on your phone.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I've had XM since 2001 or 2002, and have always been a loyal customer. However since Sirius and XM merged its gone downhill. The rates keep going higher and higher, they are charging me for things that used to be free, and to me its just not worth it any longer. I just got a new phone and researching my options, as of right now I like Slacker Radio. The preminum service, which lets you pick songs and make a playlist is still cheaper then the SiriusXM monthly subscription. We had 3 XM radios which was over $40 a month,.. but last month I cancelled 1. Here in the next month or so, I will be cancelling the other 2 as well since it is so expensive and there isn't anything on it that you can't get through the cloud or a podcast on your phone.
Agree. Cancelled mine about a year ago for similar feeling. Iron ace mount plus my phone with either slacker, spotify, iheartradio, or pandora. Slacker is the only 1 I pay for. Ton of music options on all of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Agree. Cancelled mine about a year ago for similar feeling. Iron ace mount plus my phone with either slacker, spotify, iheartradio, or pandora. Slacker is the only 1 I pay for. Ton of music options on all of these.
Was it a pain in the ass for you to cancel as well? It was hard enough to cancel 1 radio on the phone with them,.. I'm already dreading canceling the entire thing to see what "great" offers they will try to give me. Im gonna hold my ground, 1 year free or cancel it NOW! :D

·
Registered
987 Posts
I would like to hear how you do on that Chainsaw. I have had it since about 2000. Had three radios at one time down to one now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have sat radio in my truck and pay the yearly subscription for it but because i spend so much time on my bike (basically my daily driver) i was thinking about buying the sat radio module for the bike and canceling the subscription for my truck. Those of you that have the module on your bike how is it? How is it quality wise? etc

·
Registered
987 Posts
I had a portable unit I mounted on the bars, not the HD unit. Only lasted a year or two before the vibration got the best of them. I used it on the bike and in my truck. They were real cheap then. I think I paid five bucks for the first one I had.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I have XM in the Truck, and just bought a RoadTech Zumo 665 (with XM Radio) for the bike. I also have the Sony DSX-MS60 stereo, with a 32gb iPod inside. I like both. Sometimes it is good to have a random selection of music (XM), sometimes I like to hit one of my playlists (iPod). When you are travelling and letting the radio play, it is real nice to just leave it on your station(s) and not have to worry about it. SiriusXM does have quite a few different channels (genres) to choose from, I have about 6 on my selections. I just wish the Pink Floyd channel was available on Satellite instead of just online.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have had the Harley XM module in my bike since new (2009). Performance-wise, I had problems with the antenna when it was mounted inside the fairing. For some reason, I would not get a signal while traveling in a southerly direction. I have since mounted an antenna on the handlebars, near my left controls. It looks kind of Gold Wing-like, but reception has improved quite a bit. Heavy tree cover will block the signal at times (My car XM does the same). Would I buy the module again? Probably, due to the fact that the XM radio is just plain simple to use, and I have the option of more tunes and genres when I am too lazy to hook the phone up to the head unit. But, I will be looking into the music providers mentioned by Chainsaw.
As a side note, to save money I have XM "suspend" my bike's subscription during the non-riding season. Just an option for us folks in the snow belt.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Was it a pain in the ass for you to cancel as well? It was hard enough to cancel 1 radio on the phone with them,.. I'm already dreading canceling the entire thing to see what "great" offers they will try to give me. Im gonna hold my ground, 1 year free or cancel it NOW! :D
Yeah it was awful. Its like trying to quit a gym membership and then they parade the smoking hot girl out to talk you into staying...:D They actually had up to 6 months free which was very tempting to stay. And if I referred a friend it would be up to a year...blah blah....stay strong brother, you can do it...:cool:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yeah it was awful. Its like trying to quit a gym membership and then they parade the smoking hot girl out to talk you into staying...:D They actually had up to 6 months free which was very tempting to stay. And if I referred a friend it would be up to a year...blah blah....stay strong brother, you can do it...:cool:
Thats the bad thing about when Sirius and XM merged,.. you can't pit them against each other any longer for free service. Used to be with XM at least,.. if you called to cancel, and when they asked why and you replied "Im switching to Sirius" they would give you 6 months free right off the bat. Call up in another 6 months, and pull the same trick. I never did it because knowing my luck they would just say "Okay, screw off!" and disconnect me, but a few guys I know would do that to keep getting free service.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Thats the bad thing about when Sirius and XM merged,.. you can't pit them against each other any longer for free service. Used to be with XM at least,.. if you called to cancel, and when they asked why and you replied "Im switching to Sirius" they would give you 6 months free right off the bat. Call up in another 6 months, and pull the same trick. I never did it because knowing my luck they would just say "Okay, screw off!" and disconnect me, but a few guys I know would do that to keep getting free service.
Yeah I just wasn't listening as much. I like Stern, Octane, Faction, alt nation, couple others including some country stations, but they play some wierd shit on some of those stations. With pandora you can narrow a playlist by liking things or slacker you can create playlists, I just found myself choosing those first and over satelite.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
The only reason I have kept XM going for the last couple of years, was Opie and Anthony (and little Jimmie). However I really like Joe Rogans podcast, and be able to get my talk radio fix that way from now on.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
The only reason I have kept XM going for the last couple of years, was Opie and Anthony (and little Jimmie). However I really like Joe Rogans podcast, and be able to get my talk radio fix that way from now on.
You want a good laugh? After a UfC fight google something like dumb shit joe rogan says. It's hilarious. He says some great stuff.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
You want a good laugh? After a UfC fight google something like dumb shit joe rogan says. It's hilarious. He says some great stuff.

Rogan says stupid stuff once in a while, but give him a break, he is always stoned. Goldburg always has something stupid to say, and Rogan usually calls him out on it.

And then there is this.
Funniest thing I have ever seen on the internet,..

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread,.. now back to Sirius XM

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,694 Posts
I like having XM in my truck because I love the blues and they have about as good a blues station as I can find anywhere. If it weren't for that, I'd have a hard time justifying the cost.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts