Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HD Windsplitter 15" 57400094 SOLD

** SOLD ** 15" Harley Windsplitter, light smoke. Great shape, only on bike for about 500 miles. I went back to the stock shield. It has one very small blemish that is difficult to see about 1/16 dot where my EZ Pass rubbed against it. I had to work to get it to show in the photo (circled). Original box, in great condition. $100 includes FedEx shipping.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
How would that compare to my factory shield? Mine measures 15.5 from the screw to the edge of shield, and the flow tries to take my glasses off at 55+. I've read the "dips" on each side will add stability, and guide wind over shuolders.....does the center hump move the air upwards any over the factory piece?

I know this isn't a FAQ section, and I apologize for the remedial questions....I came from a SG last year, so the RG windows are greek to me (and I see you went back to original, so I figured you could give educated info) Thanks if you can answer, I understand if not :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comparison

I think the Windsplitter looks FANTASTIC on the bike. The curves just flow with the front fairing and really improve the looks. If you're running a stock RGC shield... you are taking a LOT of wind straight into the face (been there, done that). This Windsplitter would be a major improvement for you and IMO add to the appearance of the bike.
I think the middle portion of the Windsplitter is about 10.5" tall from the top of the radio housing. It does kick the air up and push it over your head. I think the sides part the wind around the shoulders, but from there it wraps around the driver. The majority of my riding is two up distance (I have the RGU) in all kinds of weather. I wear a half helmet and it was fine for me. But last spring was a wet one and my wife didn't like how the wind rapped around me and into her, so I changed it back to the stock shield for our first trip and just never tried changing back. I figured I should bite the bullet and sell it.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts