Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered the kit last week. Wife says it showed up while I was out of town this week. Looks like I have something to do in the garage this weekend! I can't wait to have the ability to control my iPhone through the handlebar controls! Anyone have any advice on the install?

I will definitely post some pics of the install.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ordered the kit last week. Wife says it showed up while I was out of town this week. Looks like I have something to do in the garage this weekend! I can't wait to have the ability to control my iPhone through the handlebar controls! Anyone have any advice on the install?

I will definitely post some pics of the install.
Install is really easy. Hardest part is putting fairing back on. I did not route mine into the saddle bag. I like having the iPhone/iPod where I can still use it without digging into saddle bag, so I mounted it on handlebar using a Ram X-Grip.

I got a iPhone with the lightning connector, which requires an adapter to switch to the 32 pin connector that the iPod interface requires. I have not decided if I am going to get the adapter or just use my iPod touch.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I purchased mine with the saddlebag extension kit, which is basically a longer cable to reach in the saddlebags, but noticed that one of the lines, cause it comes with two, was making one of the speakers not play.

SO....if you experience sound not coming from one speaker check the connecting cables from ipod to interface before you go batshit crazy trying to figure it out. It happened to me and for a whole day, a second RF PBR amp, one week later it still did to only figure out it was that damn cable. switched it out and it worked.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Does the kit require the apple device to be plugged in or is it blue tooth

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Got the HD, wire no blue tooth. The Plus is similar set up. The Plus changed the namz plug wiring before was a PITA, bulky hard to put the front fairing.
Yeap got mine in the tourpack, also using the apple adapter from the old connector (30pin) to the new (8) since got the new iPhone but the iTouch is the old style. Works great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
+2 to Paul--I did go batshit crazy trying to figure out why my left speakers kept dropping out. Even sent the radio and the HDPD Plus unit back to Iron Cross. Everything's good now!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
wireless

I have used my hdpdplus for a year now and like it, but interfacing in gps is a pain. I just found magellan tough case that makes i-touch a gps now i was wondering if any one has tried one of the docking adapters out there to link to hdpdplus ? It is Bluetooth and i was trying to find out if handlebar controls
will still work?
Rich
Milwaukee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts