Road Glide banner

121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Dealer posted a picture of the Special in the Deadwood Green. Didn't see that one listed as a color option on the HD site but I like it! I'm pretty excited about this bike. I won't be one of the first, but I I'm reasonably certain there will be one in my stable....

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Well it seems as though the Sporty will be discontinued after 2021 model!? Wonder if this motor will make its way into a new platform.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,941 Posts
Well it seems as though the Sporty will be discontinued after 2021 model!? Wonder if this motor will make its way into a new platform.
They've already committed to using it in a different frame as a new boulevard muscle bike - I don't know what they'll classify it as, that was just my description. Kinda reminds me a little of the V-Rod in overall style - sort of a V-Rod Lite. If the new motor proves to be reliable and the performance on the street matches that of the numbers we're being given I would think that we're looking at the motor that will replace the Sporty. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but it seems that this motor was designed to be manufactured in different configurations from around 800 through 1,400+ ccs so they can go in a lot of directions from there. I'm sure someone here has the actual numbers.

Reactions: ksbutler44

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
That's the engine the M8 should have been. Add some stroke and bias the cams a little to the torque side and you'd have an 88ish sized motor making 130/130
I would possibly still be on my '16, and my Triumph if that had been true. Or perhaps something entirely different.

Anyone know if this new engine has hydraulic valve lash adjusters, and if not what the valve check schedule will be?

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I would possibly still be on my '16, and my Triumph if that had been true. Or perhaps something entirely different.

Anyone know if this new engine has hydraulic valve lash adjusters, and if not what the valve check schedule will be?
I talked to a friend of mine and he said valve lash adjustment is hydraulic and valve lash services are not needed.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts

I talked to a frien of mine and he said valve lash adjustment is hydraulic and not valve lash services are not needed.
the info is up on the harley sip site. i posted the maintenance schedule on a different thread. i was curious about that as well. no mention of it in the maint requirements.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I just saw on a friend's FB page that is in the know at HD. People were talking about the 150hp and his statement was "150hp was for the first one. There's more comming." So we are likely to see more bikes with this engine making more Hp. Or even Stage kits for the engine maybe? We already know of one other bike with this engine that is in the works so we will see if there ends up being a whole line of bikes coming from this. That might be a good thing.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I just saw on a friend's FB page that is in the know at HD. People were talking about the 150hp and his statement was "150hp was for the first one. There's more comming." So we are likely to see more bikes with this engine making more Hp. Or even Stage kits for the engine maybe? We already know of one other bike with this engine that is in the works so we will see if there ends up being a whole line of bikes coming from this. That might be a good thing.
I like when you post stuff like this....keep up the good work Kenneth !!

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
I just watched a couple review videos on YouTube and it definitely looks like a capable motorcycle. I'm not into those types of bike or riding style but I'm interested in checking it out and seeing it in person. I'd much rather see the MoCo try to compete with this style of bike than have the waste the money on the electric bike

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't remember which article, but one of the ones I read in the last two days mentioned a 1400 displacement version of this motor.... Maybe with proper cams and timing that will be the powerplant for the future touring and cruising bikes????

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
636 Posts
I don't remember which article, but one of the ones I read in the last two days mentioned a 1400 displacement version of this motor.... Maybe with proper cams and timing that will be the powerplant for the future touring and cruising bikes????
said it years ago, and times passed but HD should have fingered out how to put that V-rod motor in a Road bike and i would have bought a new one a long time ago. i finally jumped in 20 just cause i could, and i like it. Since its probably my last bike, i wont say i am in if they do what you suggest, but i would certainly welcome it, if only to know that HD is about keeping it current. the nostalgia will always be there, but the air cooled motor is running on borrowed time, hell, the internal combustion engine is with the way many think electricity comes out of thin air.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts