Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this buzz in the fairing going on for awhile now and it stopped the other morning when coming out of the driveway. There's a transition bump from the driveway to the road.. and I heard this clanging. I rode down the street and circled around to find the headlight bezel lying in the road. Luckily it was early morning and no traffic, so it was in one piece.

Since my RG is an '04, do the bezels warp with time? has anyone else experienced their light bezel just popping off? What did you do to keep it attached to the fairing, and yet still be able to remove it for cleaning or light bulb changes?

alk

J

·
0 Posts
head light bezel

unfortunatelty its only popped into place i have an 04 and similar problem but i take my bike apart alot doing stuff to it so when im done im buying a new bezel, because mines been in and out way to many times..

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Heat an Cold ?

Sounds like the cooler weather has put the "pool" effect in place? Like George said (It's shrinkage!) LOL, glad ya found it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I had a little trouble with one side of mine coming loose. What I did it took a candle and warmed the tab up slowly until I could bend it down SLIGHTLY. Gave the tab a little more bite.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The previous owner of mine took off the "bubble" and added a newer style bezel without the clear lens. When I took the outer fairing off to replace a gage bulb I looked at my bezel because it seemed loose. The suggestion above to heat the tangs to get a little more bite seems like the right thing; the designed attachment is "cheezy" at best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts