Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My head light is vibrating quite badly took of shroud and found nothing lose so I was going to pull outer faring off is head light assembly fastened in side? also I have 2 striped screws that hold on the fairing what's the best fix?

·
Administrator
13,714 Posts
after you remove the "shroud" as you call it , there are four screws that hold each headlamp in the outer fairing , remove those and the lamps will fall free of the fairing , unplug them and they are removed , several solutions for stripped screws in the outer in threads here

JtB

·
Registered
483 Posts
after you remove the "shroud" as you call it , there are four screws that hold each headlamp in the outer fairing , remove those and the lamps will fall free of the fairing , unplug them and they are removed ,

JtB
This will only work in 2010 and later bikes for any previous years the fairing has to be removed.
I have an 01 and installed a 2010 headlight assembly and notice that at idle there is more vibration but once off idle the headlights do not seem to vibrate anymore .

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
You might not have seated one of the three headlight bucket fasteners (green) into the iner fairing.
If you fill the holes with JB weld before putting the fairing back on , let the product set up 15 minutes. Then reinstall the fairing with a little grease on the screws that are going back in the repaired hole. Don't tighten all the way with full torque until jb is fully cured.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.