Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there one that will work on a Road Glide? If so please post a link, and does it just install from the outside so I can order it after my stereo is in? Thanks.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Biketronics and Sidecar Cycles, I don't have the links but those are the choices. Sidecars is rather expensive, but far better IMO, I've had both.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Thanks, Sidecar was what I was trying to think of.
HogPro
Make sure when you install the radio to do the 3/8" setback in order for that rain cover to fit. The cover does come with a template to move the radio back. This is the cover I use and it a very nice design that will stay in place when riding.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What does this entail? I am planning on installing the radio before I have the splash guard. I am using the biketronics install kit. Can I do this setback with that kit?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
What does this entail? I am planning on installing the radio before I have the splash guard. I am using the biketronics install kit. Can I do this setback with that kit?
I would call Side Car and ask them your question. The rain cover actually seals to the fairing cutout so the radio needs to set 3/8" below the outside edge of the fairing. The cover needs that space to squeeze into and make the seal.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^
What mocotom said.
Sidecar Cycles is now known as V-Twin Audio. They are a great company to deal with and make an awesome product.
I have their Face Plate Cover and I can say it is a top notch piece and works as advertised.
I used their Radio Install Kit, another great product, so it worked awesome.
Definitely call them and let them know what you want to do.
They're very helpful.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Sidecar is now Vtwin Audio. They just lowered their prices on the install kits. You can call them Tues-Sat or visit their Ebay store. They are located in Canada so it may take 10 days for the items to arrive. The kit is on sale for $159.95 with $18.00 shipping. That includes the Vtura kit and high dollar splash shield. Normally run around 220 plus shipping. Or go with the cheaper looking and cheaper cost Biketronics kit for $54.95 and 19.95 slpash guard.

·
Registered
38 Posts
HogPro
Make sure when you install the radio to do the 3/8" setback in order for that rain cover to fit. The cover does come with a template to move the radio back. This is the cover I use and it a very nice design that will stay in place when riding.
I have the hawg wired radio kit. Can you explain this better or post a picture so I can see what you are talking about. Or is there a thread better explaining this?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am looking for a cover to fit the stock HK radio. Working on the 4th unit and my warr. is about to expire. Any one know of something out there I can use or modify to work. At least a cover to fit over it while washing the bike

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the cheapie one for my bike and put it on. I took one look at it and off it came. It was stuck on with velcro.

I have not personally mounted a V Twin unit but read about it here. I am sure someone else has and can explain better than I.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have the "cheapie one" from Biketronics over a year now, been caught in some serious Rainstorms down here and have yet to give a single complaint about the product! Its never came out, Leaked or given me any problems at all. A lot of guys don't like the cover-Maybe I got lucky with a good one...:D

·
Registered
967 Posts
Biketronics works and is cheap but need to use double side tape instead of the Velcro hold on better. Touch on the side that will stick to the faring tape few times to ware the glue some if use car trim dual side 3M tape... Otherwise will stick making hard to remove it. ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Spend the money and go this way, you won't be sorry. A much better mounting system and a great looking cover that won't blow off in the first rain storm. I have had both and this one is by far the best one out there......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts