Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 RGS and I was thinking of upgrading the stock radio to one off a newer bike. like a 2020 and up, can someone tell me if you can swap out it ir is there’s lot involve.

·
Premium Member
2019 RGS
5,594 Posts
2019 up is the GTS head unit. Should be simple plug and play. Cheaper option is the new Sound Stream HDHU14+. $799.00 and whatever the additional thumb control adapter is. But it’s all plug and play and has the same waterproof specs as the HD Head unit.

im doing a full Roadglide fairing install on the wife’s Freewheeler and will be giving her my GTS head unit and will be putting the Sound Stream into my bike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2019 up is the GTS head unit. Should be simple plug and play. Cheaper option is the new Sound Stream HDHU14+. $799.00 and whatever the additional thumb control adapter is. But it’s all plug and play and has the same waterproof specs as the HD Head unit.

im doing a full Roadglide fairing install on the wife’s Freewheeler and will be giving her my GTS head unit and will be putting the Sound Stream into my bike.
ok thx for the feedback

·
Registered
104 Posts
If your mechanical inclined at all you can do the swap out yourself, everything from the GT will work with the GTS... literally plug and play. Probably take about two hours... but do it on a day when your local dealer is open so you can run down there and have them "authorize"/"program" it for you when you get done installing it. That will only take them 30 minutes to do it (and most of that is getting the saddle bags and side cover off, and waiting on the computer to boot up).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts